what window is comparable to excalibur

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
chitown

what window is comparable to excalibur

#1 Post by chitown »

Hello this is my first post. I am in Chicago and need to replace many windows in my house. I had a sales guy from **** Window come to my house and he did a very high pressure sales job trying to sell me a triple pane Preservation window. In order to take advantage of the "advertiser house" deal I had to sign right then and there. After rejecting that offer he said that he could sell me an Alside Excalibur for less money and it was basically the same window with some differences. But it would work out to about $1,100 per window. I have 34 windows in my house so it is a significant amount of money.

Sorry for the long intro but I need advice on if an Excalibur is worth that much money and if not, can you recommend a comparable window. Thank you very much for your assistance!

Skydawggy

Re: what window is comparable to excalibur

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

See my post in the Widow Questions forum

whaas

#3 Post by whaas »

Oh my lord! That price point is triple what it should be...prices can't be that differnent here in Milwaukee.

buddy110

#4 Post by buddy110 »

chitown wrote:Hello this is my first post. I am in Chicago and need to replace many windows in my house. I had a sales guy from **** Window come to my house and he did a very high pressure sales job trying to sell me a triple pane Preservation window. In order to take advantage of the "advertiser house" deal I had to sign right then and there. After rejecting that offer he said that he could sell me an Alside Excalibur for less money and it was basically the same window with some differences. But it would work out to about $1,100 per window. I have 34 windows in my house so it is a significant amount of money.

Sorry for the long intro but I need advice on if an Excalibur is worth that much money and if not, can you recommend a comparable window. Thank you very much for your assistance!

To answer the original question: What window is comparable to Excaliber

Cardboard :lol:

TLHWINDOWS

#5 Post by TLHWINDOWS »

I think I can drive up there and replace your windows from here for that price.

Exaliber is an extremly entry level window. There are better windows at better prices out there.

whaas

#6 Post by whaas »

BTW a fully loaded Excalibur should go for $475 installed at the high end in your area.

So that means they would pocket $625 additional profit per window. Thats the equivilant of some people's annual salary...that place should be shamed out of business.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

$1175 for an Excalibur is robbery. Run from that company. You can find a substantially better window for substantially less money.