windows replacement houston,texas

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Rad

windows replacement houston,texas

#1 Post by Rad »

i would like to replace 10 windows and my budget is <5000 $ .I got quote from several companies for low e argon qualifying for federal tax credit. Among them clear choice ,Windows world, John moore companies gave a quote within 5000$ .

They all gave life time warranty. But WW said that if the window broke due to hurricane they will replace it or if someone broke it by accident still they will replace it.But their warranty certificate says "No GOD ACTS - which is nature ,vandalism".But the salesperson says that they did good job during katrina in New orleans and their window was the only one qualified for salvagable.?????

Further WW said that they have 4000 low e but others say low e square.
when i asked WW about this they said their low e is equal to low e square.

I am confused . Please advice me which one i should go or if there is any other company in the market who would offer us the best deal <5000$ for low e square Vinyal replacement windows that qualifies for tax credit.

Windows on Washington

Re: windows replacement houston,texas

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

A poster by the name of Randy is out of Houston if I am not mistaken. He is a consummate pro and has the perfect window offerings for your area.

Rad

#3 Post by Rad »

Thanks ,Looking forward for his reply. I appreciate your response.

steve r

#4 Post by steve r »

Randy just did a job for me - 26 double hungs by Sunrise. I would highly recommend!

anon

#5 Post by anon »

Steve R: are you in Houston? How do you like the performance? What was the cost?

steve r

#6 Post by steve r »

see here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3344

After having been thru the first winter now with some pretty cold temps (for the area) I would have to say that these windows are probably a little more effective at keeping the cold out than keeping the heat in. Again, they make a noticeable difference but not nite and day. They did stop the sweating inside also which was nice.
But after making the calculations, in my case, I will say that it will take many years for these windows to pay for themselves at present energy costs. Of course if rates go up (pretty much a certainty) the payoff will come sooner. Every case will be different and there are many variables which will affect a specific homeowners outcome. Windows are just one part of the equation.
Also , in my case, we open our windows alot! - and one of the nicest things now is the ease with which they operate - pretty much 2 fingers to slide them open. The double hung operation also makes it nice to be able to open the top half instead of the bottom because of stuff sitting on the window sills.