Harvey vs Simonton (Home Depot) in Boston suburbs

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
swissdh2004@att.net

Harvey vs Simonton (Home Depot) in Boston suburbs

#1 Post by swissdh2004@att.net »

[color=darkblue][/color]Does anyone have information on Harvey windows vs Simonton windows? I am in a close-in suburb in Boston.

Mass. window guy

#2 Post by Mass. window guy »

the simonton window has different models as does harvey.
the simonton middle of the road is about the same quality as the harvey classic with low-e/argon.
I would suggest the mid-high simonton for the simple fact they will provide better insulation values which will be the better value.
I am also not crazy about the block and tackle balance by Harvey or the warranty.

your other post also asks about the contractor Pro Windows.
I don't know any specifics about them except for fact that their trucks seem to be sitting in the parking lot unused more than they are out on job sites. I drive by them quite often. Anyone that is not busy in this economy is not doing something right.

how many windows are you considering replacing?

bostonlou

#3 Post by bostonlou »

Mass. window guy wrote:the simonton window has different models as does harvey.
the simonton middle of the road is about the same quality as the harvey classic with low-e/argon.
I would suggest the mid-high simonton for the simple fact they will provide better insulation values which will be the better value.
I am also not crazy about the block and tackle balance by Harvey or the warranty.

your other post also asks about the contractor Pro Windows.
I don't know any specifics about them except for fact that their trucks seem to be sitting in the parking lot unused more than they are out on job sites. I drive by them quite often. Anyone that is not busy in this economy is not doing something right.

how many windows are you considering replacing?
I was referred to Pro Windows by a friend but am now concerned... Any update to your opinion

or a referral for me?

We're looking to do 8 dh, 5 casement, 1 bay and 3 hoppers ... with the bay and the hoppers possibly being done later

I want to get "good" windows but there is a budget. Any thoughts on a ballpack price anyone?

... this is my first day on this board so I'm going to look around and try to find answers also... but direct answers are appreciated

Thanks in advance