BF Rich vs Soft-lite

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
OdtoWindows

BF Rich vs Soft-lite

#1 Post by OdtoWindows »

I'm looking at replacing some OLD aluminum windows in Maryland and have narrow downed my selections to 2 quotes with similar prices. I'm torn with which one to select. Maybe some help from some experts could help me make a decision.

I am comparing between BF Rich Vintage P-X6 Windows (double pain) and the Soft-lite Bainbridge Plus Ultra Glass (triple pane)..

Wondering what folks thoughts are on the quality of both window makes? Reason I ask is because even though I like the Bainbridge window the seller is not the installer (He says the Manufacturer, Soft-lite, does the install, so I assume soft-lite contracts it out), therefore leaving me to deal with the manufacturer for a install problem if any. The Bainbridge guy was big on the fact that I was getting the manufacturer to install AND the manufacturer's installers are installation master certified... Now for the BF Vintage windows the quoting company does the install of the windows and warranties the install part for 2 years.

From what I have been provided the windows are similar and have similar U, SHGC, VT, CR, air infiltration numbers. The BF's Vintage window has a slightly slightly lower Argon % at 94% minimum where I was told the Bainbridge had 98% argon. BF's are also Not AAMA Gold label like the Bainbridge. Should I be concerned?

Is there really a quality difference between these 2 types? Is the soft-lite bainbridge that much better for the long haul then then a BF Rich Vintage window? Any thoughts/reviews on these windows appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: BF Rich vs Soft-lite

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

You are going from a very slim lined aluminum framed window to a triple pane Bainbridge or BF Rich (thicker on the edges than the Bainbridge) double pane window.

You are going to be dropping off quite a bit of visible light from your existing.

Soft-Lite does not have factory installers. They do have a "factory trained" install program for what that is worth. Most companies do have a similar program and that does not mean anything if the person does not already possess the skill set required.

Both windows are fairly solid performers. The Soft-Lite option is more of their entry level product offering.

Delaware Mike

Re: BF Rich vs Soft-lite

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Soft-Lite recently started a factory install program in select areas. They have had it for a while closer to their headquarters. I couldn't tell you anything about the quality of their installations other than that my Soft-Lite rep approached me about the program a few months ago.