ACCU-Weld 6510

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
wtcl

ACCU-Weld 6510

#1 Post by wtcl »

Hello,

Are these good windows? I live in Virginia just outside of DC. First quote was $10500 for 16 windows. Sliding windows, Argon, Low-E. Does that price seem high? Are the windows crap? I've seen only one good review for that model, and lots of negative reviews for the ACCU-WELD line. Thanks in advance.

Skydawggy

Re: ACCU-Weld 6510

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

I'd never recommend buying after only one estimate. I have never been very impressed with anything from Accu-Weld.

buddy110

#3 Post by buddy110 »

+1 on Accuweld.

There's a poster here by the name of Windows on Washington. He can help you. Click the get a quote button under his name.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

I like how the new owner's of Accu-Weld washed their hands of all warranty claims since they bailed them out of bankruptcy. I just told them the other day that if they were going to charge me for a stress crack for their crappy IG's, that I would have someone else manufacture it for me. The last one we got already had cracks in it along the edge and the glass was so poorly cut that I had to wear Kevlar lined leather gloves just to look at it. Keep shopping. Carrying their junk for just a couple of months back in 04 was a costly mistake.

windowman736

#5 Post by windowman736 »

The AccuWeld 6510 SashLite products are now fabricated by HaddonWindows and Doors llc. The Haddon family having purchased the assets of AccuWeld last year, take great pride in putting their family name in front of and behind the products they manufacture. Being the extruder and faricator and utilizing industry recognized components the Haddon family is extremely confident in the production and NFRC certification of all their products.