PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE IN NORTH JERSEY

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Delaware Mike

Re: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE IN NORTH JERSEY

#31 Post by Delaware Mike »

Sky and Bill are the most experienced Simonton Pros, so I'll let them comment on the glass options. I have access to Simontons but we rarely have a chance to sell them since I deal with several comprable windows factory direct. In South Jersey and Delaware the U-factors usually come in at .26 to .29 and SHGC will be around .27 to .30 in a double glazed configuration. This seems to be just about right for my area unless a homeowner really wants triple glazing.

Simonton is one of the better window manufacturers out there to deal with from what I've seen.

Skydawggy

#32 Post by Skydawggy »

Actually what I said was I thought NJ was far enough south to use ETC Starter. Starter has a SHGC of .19. You can also use the Super Solar which has a SHGC of .27. I'm not sure which is better in your part of NJ. Perhaps Bill will chime in here and give his recommendation. I normally use ETC Starter but often will use the Super Solar on part of the house if my customer has a SHG problem in the summer.

Bill

#33 Post by Bill »

I typically do not use the ETC Starter with the double low-e. We are located at the beginning of what would be considered Northern NJ just west of Newark Airport. The area we typically service is 50% in the North Central Energy Star Region and the other 50% is considered the Northern Energy Star Region.

If I were to choose and ETC glass package it would be ETC Super Solar but I typically just add Super Spacer and get the 1” glass pack w/ double strength glass that cost the same as the ETC Super Solar.

ETC Super Solar is made with single strength glass so if you order it the way I do we receive the double strength glass at no additional cost.
Below are the specifications.

32" (T) X 50" (T) 5500 Reflections White Double Hung; Tip-to-Tip; BOX; 1'' IGU Thickness; Super Spacer; Low E Softcoat (Prosolar); Argon Gas; Double Glazed; Double Strength (1/8"); Half Screen Fiberglass Extruded Screen Mold; 00 No Reinforcement; Two Air Latches; Two White; Logo Lock; Sill Extender; Glass Warranty (UI=82"); DP:25; Test Number=91631.01; U-Factor:.30; SHGC:.26; Unit qualifies for ENERGY STAR region(s): Northern, North Central, South Central, Southern

jkrl

#34 Post by jkrl »

Thanks Bill - Do you work North Jersey?

Bill

#35 Post by Bill »

We serve areas of North Jersey but it depends on how far north.

You can go to Simonton’s dealer locator and eneter your zip code to see who offers the window, we will appear there but the rules of this site do not allow us to provide personal information.

http://www.simonton.com/TopMenu/Locator/

jkrl

#36 Post by jkrl »

Ok Bill - I believe that I setup an appt with you guys for this Monday 8/16.