Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

Post reviews of replacement windows
Message
Author
MagChase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:53 am

Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#1 Post by MagChase » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:58 am

Help!
Our son's first house needs 10 replacement windows (circa 1924)!
We are getting decent pricing for
Paradigm Society or
Thermal Industries DH530.
Around $500.00 per window, grid at top, capping, and possible lead containment.
Any comments, concerns, suggestions are very welcomed.
THANKS!

User avatar
Windows on Washington
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: DC Metropolitan Area-Maryland/Virginia/DC
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#2 Post by Windows on Washington » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:36 pm

MagChase wrote:Help!
Our son's first house needs 10 replacement windows (circa 1924)!
We are getting decent pricing for
Paradigm Society or
Thermal Industries DH530.
Around $500.00 per window, grid at top, capping, and possible lead containment.
Any comments, concerns, suggestions are very welcomed.
THANKS!
Both are okay windows. There are better choices for around that price number and has the lead been identified. That certainly adds to the project cost.

Skydawggy
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:51 pm
Location: Northern,Virginia
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#3 Post by Skydawggy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Maybe I need to look at Paradigm again. Last time I saw it was a few years ago I was very unimpressed with the fit and finish of the window compared to others in the same price range. Perhaps they have made some changes and I'm just not aware of them.

MagChase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#4 Post by MagChase » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Windows on Washington wrote:
MagChase wrote:Help!
Our son's first house needs 10 replacement windows (circa 1924)!
We are getting decent pricing for
Paradigm Society or
Thermal Industries DH530.
Around $500.00 per window, grid at top, capping, and possible lead containment.
Any comments, concerns, suggestions are very welcomed.
THANKS!
Both are okay windows. There are better choices for around that price number and has the lead been identified. That certainly adds to the project cost.

User avatar
Windows on Washington
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: DC Metropolitan Area-Maryland/Virginia/DC
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#5 Post by Windows on Washington » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:52 am

Skydawggy wrote:Maybe I need to look at Paradigm again. Last time I saw it was a few years ago I was very unimpressed with the fit and finish of the window compared to others in the same price range. Perhaps they have made some changes and I'm just not aware of them.
Okay is a very mild term. I would imagine that your observations are probably still accurate.

MagChase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#6 Post by MagChase » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:07 am

Thanks for some words of expertise!
It sounds as if the Thermal Industries 550 is the route to take. However, the installer promoting Paradigm is a very reputable, long-term company in our area.
Since it was stated there are other windows to consider, I would sincerely appreciate additional suggestions.
THANKS again!

Skydawggy
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:51 pm
Location: Northern,Virginia
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#7 Post by Skydawggy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:10 am

Just to be clear. I don't really like either of your 2 choices but, if that's what you have to work with, so be it.

MagChase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#8 Post by MagChase » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks very much for your honesty.
Would you PLEASE recommend a few window selections similar in the same basic price range?
THANKS again!

User avatar
Windows on Washington
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: DC Metropolitan Area-Maryland/Virginia/DC
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#9 Post by Windows on Washington » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:34 am

I agree with Skydawggy.

Soft-Lite, Simonton, Okna, Gorell, and Sunrise all make better windows in the same price range.

Price range ultimately depends on the reseller/installer but I have seen examples of all of those windows in that price range and they are all better products.

Skydawggy
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:51 pm
Location: Northern,Virginia
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#10 Post by Skydawggy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:03 pm

What area of the country are you located at?

MagChase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#11 Post by MagChase » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:08 pm

We are located in Lancaster, PA (central PA).

User avatar
Delaware Mike
Posts: 864
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Delaware, New Jersey, Philadephia Area

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#12 Post by Delaware Mike » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:42 pm

I remember briefly meeting a Gorell dealer from Lancaster a few years ago, might be worth a look. Don't know anything about their current status or quality of installs, but they are a family based type of operation. You should be able to contact Gorell and have someone over there put you in touch with an authorized local dealer.

User avatar
Windows on Washington
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: DC Metropolitan Area-Maryland/Virginia/DC
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#13 Post by Windows on Washington » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:23 pm

All of the brands I mentioned above are available in PA. PA is only second to OH in terms of available window choices.

MagChase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#14 Post by MagChase » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:31 am

The Gorell dealer in Lancaster County, PA must be Sam S. Smucker & Son, Inc.
That is the dealer recommending Paradigm, but they also carry Gorell & Marvin.
Thanks!

User avatar
Delaware Mike
Posts: 864
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Delaware, New Jersey, Philadephia Area

Re: Paradigm Society or Thermal Industries DH530

#15 Post by Delaware Mike » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Yup, that's them. I'm curious as to why they are recommending Paradigm over Gorrel? When I met them they were having a lot of problems with Schuco, but they were selling them over Gorrel back than and complaining of how they never had problems with Gorrel. Who knows?

Post Reply