Window Wizards

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
canuck

Re: Window Wizards

#16 Post by canuck »

if you "settled" on american jewel and Ideal then you know absolutely nothing about quality my friend. you are the last guy i would recommend to install windows if those are the brands you are pushing. get with the program and do some research on quality windows than we could engage in a debate.

Windowizards

#17 Post by Windowizards »

Hi Sweetspot, just wanted to check in quickly to resolve some of your concerns. Just as Canuck said, we now use a precision-cut polystyrene insert to completely fill the opening and ensure that there will never be an issue like that with OKNA again. Also, in reference to companies that advertise $197 windows with installation included, it's a classic example of getting what you pay for. The quality of both the windows and the installation work will be very low.

It's great that you're doing research and learning all you can before your purchase. I can get you a list of references to talk to, if you'd like.

ZAPAS

#18 Post by ZAPAS »

This is message for Canuck.
You posting how bad are other windows (American Jewel) and You never seen them.
I`ve been installing AJ for couple of years. I had no one complain about look or performance of these windows.
Few weeks ago you posted how great are Simonton windows. Today I read your comment somewhere here that you are not big fan of them.
Tell me and other readers are they good or bad by your opinion.

Go check new design and performance info on AJ you may change your mind and will never put down this quality product from company that been in business over 50 years.

If you put next to each other 1700 series AJ and 5500 Simonton in front of 20 people that have no idea about windows I guaranty that 15 of them will choose AJ.
I do that all the time.
Good luck with your opinions.

canuck

#19 Post by canuck »

i never said simonton was a bad window; NEVER. I said in my opinion its average because of the performance numbers and i also said i prefer the 9800. you are not being truthful but i am assuming you read my post wrong.
i would definitely choose a simonton over american jewel if thats what you are asking.