BF-RICH VINTAGE vrs MI

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
shoreman 67

BF-RICH VINTAGE vrs MI

#1 Post by shoreman 67 »

OK So I have a house that was built in 62. The person prior replaced the original windows with what
looks like a window but has no way of acting like one.

We started out with having a visit by renewal by Anderson, he promptly got shown the door and a suggestion to go get a CAT scan .

We then did the Lowes/Home depot thing and found the prices to be close to where are price range is.
Then a relative of mine who does construction showed me MI windows, The middle of the line one according to him. thicker glass etc etc. Even let me take home the sample. I am not that impressed with it

we then went to showroom where the had bf-rich windows. The seemed much more solid and built better.

But when it comes down to it its still a vinyl window.
Am I being to critical.
Is MI a good product?
ID BF-Rich good and that much better ?
I cannot find the model number for the MI or I would post it .

I can go some where else if anyone has a suggestion since this is not decided yet

Any feed back would be good

I'm located in Central jersey about 10 min from the ocean front if that helps

Delaware Mike

Re: BF-RICH VINTAGE vrs MI

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

As much as I've tried to like the various lines by BF Rich I simply can't get over the general appearance of them. The profile and design seems very dated. The spacer that they utilize on their upper-end series which is called the Cabernet, is very good. Also, the company has a good local reputation. With that being said, I'd spend my money on a Simonton Reflections or Impressions series as the cost should be in the same ballpark. Soft-Lite Imperial Pro might be another comprable window within your price range. You would need to go to the Soft-Lite website and find either a local dealer or a distributor if you are going to have your contractor put them in. If there is a Bradco or Norandex supply house within driving distance, they would might be good places to start.

I'd forget about anything from MI.

canuck

#3 Post by canuck »

i definitely would not go with MI, its low quality. BF Rich make a good window in my opinion and you will be well served by choosing it. beauty is in the eye of the beholder so appearance is up to you not anyone on this board.

shoreman 67

#4 Post by shoreman 67 »

I have been looking at the BF-Rich Vintage.
can anyone explain to me the differences between that model and the Cabernet?

Thanks