Owens Corning Solace windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
MNcold

Owens Corning Solace windows

#1 Post by MNcold »

I am researching viny replacement windows and have talked to a rep that sells Owens Corning Solace windows. Everything about them sounds very good. but I can't find any review information for comparisons to others. I'm wondering how they compare to Renewal by Anderson, Pella or Marvin. I want to continue with sliders and stay in the midrange or higher for price and quality.

HomeSealed

Re: Owens Corning Solace windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

The Solace is made for OC by Sunrise. Its a very nice window, just make sure that the price isn't out of line because it often is.... RBA= decent product, but always overpriced and most of their dealers engage in some shady tactics from what I've seen... Pella wood Architect and Designer series are decent, but nothing else in their product line is imo. Marvin has nice wood and fiberglass products... You have mentioned quite an array of options, you might think about narrowing down your choices by material (wood, vinyl, or fiberglass) based on your budget and goals for the project. If you are leaning toward vinyl (best bang for the buck imo), check out Gorell, Softlite, Simonton, Okna, and Plygem/Great lakes. Some or all may be available depending on your location.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

HomeSealed wrote:The Solace is made for OC by Sunrise. Its a very nice window, just make sure that the price isn't out of line because it often is.... RBA= decent product, but always overpriced and most of their dealers engage in some shady tactics from what I've seen... Pella wood Architect and Designer series are decent, but nothing else in their product line is imo. Marvin has nice wood and fiberglass products... You have mentioned quite an array of options, you might think about narrowing down your choices by material (wood, vinyl, or fiberglass) based on your budget and goals for the project. If you are leaning toward vinyl (best bang for the buck imo), check out Gorell, Softlite, Simonton, Okna, and Plygem/Great lakes. Some or all may be available depending on your location.
+1

Good feedback. I would also add that you might want to just check out the Sunrise window from an independent dealer if you liked the window.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Windows on Washington wrote:
HomeSealed wrote:The Solace is made for OC by Sunrise. Its a very nice window, just make sure that the price isn't out of line because it often is.... RBA= decent product, but always overpriced and most of their dealers engage in some shady tactics from what I've seen... Pella wood Architect and Designer series are decent, but nothing else in their product line is imo. Marvin has nice wood and fiberglass products... You have mentioned quite an array of options, you might think about narrowing down your choices by material (wood, vinyl, or fiberglass) based on your budget and goals for the project. If you are leaning toward vinyl (best bang for the buck imo), check out Gorell, Softlite, Simonton, Okna, and Plygem/Great lakes. Some or all may be available depending on your location.
+1

Good feedback. I would also add that you might want to just check out the Sunrise window from an independent dealer if you liked the window.
Good point. That would be a true apples to apples comparison, although the Sunrise doesn't get the special "pink" insulation in the frame. :mrgreen:

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

Well, sometimes I've seen some pink low-expansion foam in my Sunrise products. I guess that fellow or gal at the factory simply went to the wrong bin for the correct extrusion? :lol: