Any thoughts on Revere Vinyl Windows?

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
JBinMD

Any thoughts on Revere Vinyl Windows?

#1 Post by JBinMD »

I live near Baltimore, MD & recently got a quote from BGE Home Services for replacement vinyl windows. The quote was for the Berkshire window made by Revere Building Products, which is under Gentek Building Products, which is under Associated Materials, Inc.

Associated Materials, Inc. also manufactures Alside windows, Preservation windows, Alpine Windows. Does anyone recognize these?

I looked through some of the posts and I don't see Revere Windows mentioned at all. Is this brand that terrible, that they aren't even mentioned?

The BGE Home Svs Sales Person quoted me $3,766 for 3 windows and a 8' sliding door.

I also got a quote from Sears (their Weatherbeater brand), but for the most part all the reviews I've found on the Internet are that the Weatherbeater is a bad choice. I think I read that Weatherbeater is really a Simonton window. But..I've seen some posts that Simonton windows are neither great, nor bad..more like middle of the road, so then why are the Weatherbeaters so bad. Maybe the $, because Sears wants to charge me almost $7,000.00 for 3 windows an an 8' sliding door.

I need some help here....

JB in MD

HomeSealed

Re: Any thoughts on Revere Vinyl Windows?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Revere Berkshire = Alside Excalibur. Not a highly regarded product.

buddy110

Re: Any thoughts on Revere Vinyl Windows?

#3 Post by buddy110 »

Man I haven't heard of Revere since the 70's. I used to install their Revere superguard siding.