Sunrise Windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
mlo

Sunrise Windows

#1 Post by mlo »

I said it on another window board and I'll say it again. I have to give credit where credit is due:

The first place I look when shopping for anything for the home is the web. That is when I stumbled upon this site. I took my time and did all my research, had a total of 5 quotes done.

Just had 8 windows installed by Ecostar Remodeling and I can't believe the difference from the old windows to the new ones. 5 DH, 2 picture and 1 half round. Took a while for them to get my windows in, but the wait was worth it. I noticed the temp difference right away here in Nothern VA. The vinyl windows look great, its brighter in the rooms than before and we even had a chance to test out the self-cleaning glass. It rained all day yesterday and there isn't one water spot on any pane of glass today. Installation was professional, they cleaned up well, and they were very friendly. Luckily I live in the area close to a few of the "board experts" so I was able to hire one of them for the install.

I couldn't be happier with the services, and the products. This board is a great tool when shopping for windows. Sunrise windows are a top quality product.

John is always willing to give help and sound advice on these boards and for that reason I found it very easy to trust him do the work.

HomeSealed

Re: Sunrise Windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

It is always nice to hear from a satisfied customer. :D Enjoy your new windows!

Skydawggy

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

Mark, it was a pleasure dealing with you. I always have the utmost respect for a consumer who takes the time to educate themselves and makes good decisions.

Thank you for choosing EcoStar Remodeling.

John

timberlake

#4 Post by timberlake »

So, I saw the new design Sunrise window. Pretty sweet. Very thin profile, seems to gain about 3/4" more glass space than Softlite LS & Simonton 5500. Has a recessed screen and nice clean look. Does anyone have any detail or specs on this window? Dealer did not have a new current brochure and I can't find anything on their website. (website is pretty vague and not real helpful, IMO). Was this re-design done on all their windows, specifically casements and DH's? Also, what models does it affect? I have "heard" of Vangard and Restorations, but what models does Sunrise have? Brand labels?

Can somebody please clear up the confusion on the Sunrise window offering? The product seems to be top tier, but need help sorting through their offerings.....

Skydawggy

#5 Post by Skydawggy »

The most important ratings you need to know is that it has a structural rating of DP-70, has an air infiltration rate of.004. Other than that, there are several options on glass, hardware, color combinations etc.

Sunrise is well known for their high quality windows, thin frames and sashes and top notch customer service.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

Basic specs pertaining to the U-factor and SHGC are pretty much the same as the old design. Like Eco mentioned the biggest improvements are in the DP rating and the air infiltration. The Restorations and the Vanguards would come with the OpiView screening with lifetime accidental glass breakage warranty standard. It's an option of the regular Sunrise line. Some of the private labels like "Verde" I'm not sure about? I thought that line was based upon just the regular series. I thought that I remember my rep telling me that the Restorations may have some frame reinforcement in it as well, however I don't think that changes the DP rating?

One of the biggest things I like about this new series of casements, awnings, and fixed units is the availability of an overall 1 3/8" triple glass package for the addition of blinds. The blinds would sit in the standard 7/8" space while the low-e & argon plus grids (if optioned) would be in the 5/8" space. Pretty cool, finally something like Pella. Only drawback they can't do the nicer contoured or sculptured grid due to the grids depth or thickness, only a standard flat or rectangular grid.

This is a really nice product.