Alside Thermalmaxx model 0200 (Excalibur) windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
novalcal

Alside Thermalmaxx model 0200 (Excalibur) windows

#1 Post by novalcal »

I had 5 Thermalmaxx windows installed on June 15, 2010. Many of the sahes has debris in between the two glass panes giving the appearance of dirty (cloudy) windows. After 8 replacements sashes, I finally have clear windows. But now the 3 double hungs model 0201 have air leaks in the corners were the double hungs meet. Frost builds up on the vinyl frame on real cold days.
The Alside rep. tells me thats not a problem. The Window Store Home Improvement Co. MPLS, MN that installed them will not respond to any of my problems.

Has anyone else experienced cloudy and/or leaking Alside windows?

Skydawggy

Re: Alside Thermalmaxx model 0200 (Excalibur) windows

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

Any window from Alside is not recommended by any of the Pros on this site. Your problem and Alsides response are some of the reasons why. Continue to be the squeeky wheel and make them fix this. Sorry this happened to you. It's not an uncommon occurance with certain window manufacturers. Next time, come here BEFORE you buy.

novalcal

#3 Post by novalcal »

Thanks Eco Star!!
Update, Alside turned my problems over to Window Warranty Services of Associated Materials Inc. (AMI) in Ohio.

Waiting for their reply.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

AMI is the parent company of Alside. Just keep on them until its fixed. I'd strongly suggest making your voice heard about the company who sold and installed these windows as well. There is no reason that they should not be handling these issues for you.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

novalcal wrote:Thanks Eco Star!!
Update, Alside turned my problems over to Window Warranty Services of Associated Materials Inc. (AMI) in Ohio.

Waiting for their reply.
There are chimney blocks and weatherstripping tabs that will help with that.

novalcal

#6 Post by novalcal »

**FYI to anyone who has ALSIDE/ Termalmaxx/ Excalibur windows installed. There are many problems with these windows.
*Debris in between the seal window panels.
*Bell seals and corner seals manufactured short or crushed causing air leaks. This have to be replaced in order for the window to be energy efficent.
* Screens do not seal properly and insects can get in.

These windows carry a warranty, however after one year labor is at the owners expense.

customera1

#7 Post by customera1 »

novalcal wrote:**FYI to anyone who has ALSIDE/ Termalmaxx/ Excalibur windows installed. There are many problems with these windows.
*Debris in between the seal window panels.
*Bell seals and corner seals manufactured short or crushed causing air leaks. This have to be replaced in order for the window to be energy efficent.
* Screens do not seal properly and insects can get in.

These windows carry a warranty, however after one year labor is at the owners expense.
_________
I have to say that this was not the experience I had at all. I would and have recommended this product to friends and family. They are all pleased too. Seems like your experience is perhaps a fluke.

buddy110

#8 Post by buddy110 »

customera1 wrote:I replaced every window in my house with The Window Store in October 2009, using the Thermalmaxx windows. They are wonderful windows that have saved me lots in energy bills and made my house very livable. They cut down noise too. I have nothing bad to say about The Window Store Home Improvements. They were prompt, courteous, and did stellar work.
I had one cracked frame which they called in to the manufacturer and 2 weeks later, they came out and swapped out the frame.
If there is one company I can highly recommend it is this company. They will be my first call when I need to do other work on my house.
SPAM ANYONE????????????

Skydawggy

#9 Post by Skydawggy »

It does get pathetically obvious at times doesn't it? :lol:

customera1

#10 Post by customera1 »

Really? Saying something positive about a company that did a good job is spam?
So this is a whiner's only site?
I feel bad for anyone who reads what you write if that is all this site is good for.

Skydawggy

#11 Post by Skydawggy »

customera1 wrote:Really? Saying something positive about a company that did a good job is spam?
So this is a whiner's only site?
I feel bad for anyone who reads what you write if that is all this site is good for.
Actually, this site is here to help people BEFORE they make a decision on replacement windows. Most of them are pretty intelligent and want to make sure they are getting the best window for their money. Something that, had you done, you wouldn't have ended up with a mediocre window that you probably overpaid for. Assuming you are a real customer and not a window salesman, that is.

So, did they one shot close you on the Model Home pitch or did you hold out until they made a call to the "manager" for the "special discount"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

customera1

#12 Post by customera1 »

I bought from my neighbor that works for them. They were right in line on price with the other companies that I looked at over a couple years of searching. Again, I am happy with what I have. My energy bills dropped about 30% and they look and function well.

Like I said, I know others that have them too, from the same company, and are also happy. So why the sour tone?

buddy110

#13 Post by buddy110 »

I visited a job today that had Alside windows from Window World.. They wanted me to install storm windows over top of them because they were so leaky... I declined :mrgreen:

HomeSealed

#14 Post by HomeSealed »

customera1 wrote:I bought from my neighbor that works for them. They were right in line on price with the other companies that I looked at over a couple years of searching. Again, I am happy with what I have. My energy bills dropped about 30% and they look and function well.

Like I said, I know others that have them too, from the same company, and are also happy. So why the sour tone?
You are receiving a sour tone because you just popped up on a site dedicated to researching windows with nothing more to say than praise a specific installation company (which coincidentally is being complained about). Wouldn't you say that sounds rather suspect? It is a pretty slimy (but unfortunately common) tactic for salespeople and reps of various companies to do exactly that. I apologize if that is not the case, but if not, you would probably be 1 out of 100. Why isn't that company taking care of the original posters warranty issues, requiring that he fend for himself with the manufacturer?... In addition, the product that you are referencing is universally regarded by professionals as poor.
Last edited by HomeSealed on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buddy110

#15 Post by buddy110 »

HomeSealed wrote:
customera1 wrote:I bought from my neighbor that works for them. They were right in line on price with the other companies that I looked at over a couple years of searching. Again, I am happy with what I have. My energy bills dropped about 30% and they look and function well.

You are receiving a sour tone because you just popped up on a site dedicated to researching windows with nothing more to say than praise a specific installation company (which coincidentally was very recently complained about in another thread). Wouldn't you say that sounds rather suspect? It is a pretty slimy (but unfortunately common) tactic for salespeople and reps of various companies to do exactly that. I apologize if that is not the case, but if not, you would probably be 1 out of 100.... In addition, the product that you are referencing is universally regarded by professionals as poor.
feeling generous today? :lol: