Dallas - Sunrise vs. Simonton

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
RJD

Dallas - Sunrise vs. Simonton

#1 Post by RJD »

We have a late 70's house in North Dallas. Summer can be brutal (105 degrees) and winter can be wet and chilly, with occasional cold (15 degrees). Looking at this board there is a lot of support for Sunrise and Simonton windows. Which would you recommend for Dallas?

Skydawggy

Re: Dallas - Sunrise vs. Simonton

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

Depends on which Simonton and which Sunrise window and if they are even available where you live.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I like Simonton 5500/Platinum, better yet Soft-lite Imperial LS.

Integra

#4 Post by Integra »

The Sunrise - Sunrise window is a far superior unit to Simonton. The tolerances that it is made to are impressive. The air infiltration numbers are far better too. But you'll pay a premium for the Sunrise, and you'll wait a couple more weeks for it too. But it's a very fine window.

Simonton as a company is great in terms of how they handle their service in the event that you have any warranty claims. They couldn't make life any easier.

You can't go wrong with either, but given the choice, I'd probably give the nod to Sunrise.

kpeavy

#5 Post by kpeavy »

RJD -- I'm looking for a Sunrise installer in Dallas also and wondering how your experience went... could you share the contractor you went with and your experience?

Thanks,
Kyle

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

Kyle
there is a pro who frequents this board that i believe serves your area. his name is "Randy " . do a board search of his name and then click his contact button. i am pretty sure he carries the brands you are interested in. he is a true professional and an all around gentleman.
fwiw, i would definitely choose a sunrise or soft lite over simonton any day.