Milgard Style Line, Simonton Verona, Plygem - So California

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Tina V

Milgard Style Line, Simonton Verona, Plygem - So California

#1 Post by Tina V »

Love this forum! I need your wisdom. I have been getting quotes from various companies but you ask five people the same question and you get five different answers so I'm turning to you guys!

We are looking to replace 10 windows and price is a factor since we are not sure what we are doing with this house..keeping/selling/renting but we believe one of the windows is leaking and need to get it fixed asap.

I have received quotes for the following:

Milgard Style Line - I like to look of this window - not so heavy on the frame. Have been quoted $3800 - low e 3/argon

Simonton Verona - Have been quoted $2600 for 8 windows and $3400 (I think) for the 10. Low e 2
$3400 for Simonton Daylight Max

Ply Gem - Quoted $2995 to $3200 low e 2/argon

WinDor - (local manufacturer) $4000 low e 3/argon

Greenworld - I've been informed is a chinese made window and put together locally so I'm staying away from that.

Windows aren't huge by any means - largest one is six foot by 4 foot. 2 small bathroom, 1 half moon arch. Some have grids (association requirement), 2 hallway, 1 entry, 2 kids bedroom and 1 more in the master.

Am totally overwhelmed at this point and really don't know what to do. Have two more companies coming out this week for quotes but am I looking at the wrong type of windows? We are in Southern California so not too terribly cold during the winter but the kids and MB windows get direct afternoon sun and boy does it get hot in the summertime. House was built in 1986.

Any input would be welcome. Please let me know if you need more info. I'll double check my numbers above tomorrow (paperwork in car :o ) and update once I get the other quote in the a.m.

Thanks again,

Tina

Windows on Washington

Re: Milgard Style Line, Simonton Verona, Plygem - So California

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

If you like the Styleline, go with that one. It is a solid window and make sure they specify SunCoat max Low-e.

jeff1995

#3 Post by jeff1995 »

Your information on the GreenWorld is somewhat wrong, and I will leave it at that comment (not quality). Style-line is a good choice for people on a budget. As stated before make sure the order states 'SunCoat Max.

Tina V

#4 Post by Tina V »

Thank you for the answers but I have one more question - what about Simonton 7300, Daylight Max? Lo E 3, upgraded Grids, upgraded (HD) screens, 2 Tempered Windows, also an arch window in the stairwell, 10 windows in all and I've been quoted $3800. The 2nd tempered is in the shower and no one had told me until this last quote I needed one there. I really like this window actually better than the Styleline Milgard. Any thoughts?

My earlier post had it wrong - Verona was $3400 and Simonton is the 3700/3800. Saw actual window this time from a local company with them pointing out the differences between the three I was interested in and this one seems like a better quality for a great price.

So Greenworld isn't what I heard? It is hard to get a straight answer sometimes from some of the "sales" people. I understand they all want to sell their particular product but.... Plus their price was about the same as Plygem.

Thank you! I appreciate your help!

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Simonton is well regarded and that is extremely lean pricing.

jeff1995

#6 Post by jeff1995 »

VERY lean pricing. Make sure your contract states '7300' series.