plygems premiums vs vinylmax hyde parks

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
pmalavolti

plygems premiums vs vinylmax hyde parks

#1 Post by pmalavolti »

i looked at the two window samples. the vinylmax seems stronger and they dress the welds up nicer. the warranty on the vinylmax is for as long as i own the home vs the plygems 25 years plus vinylmax includes glass breakage. of course that warranty is just apiece of paper that means nothing if the company is no longer around. i am really more interested in performance and reliabilty. they are both within my budget. the vinylmax is $60 more a window vs the plygems. are they worth that .i can't find much about them on this board.

Windows on Washington

Re: plygems premiums vs vinylmax hyde parks

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

How are the windows being quoted (i.e. similar glass options, etc)?

pmalavolti

#3 Post by pmalavolti »

apples to apples. triple panes. i have 4 double hung (39"tall x 48 5/8" wide)and 1 opening (39tall x 78wide) that he said he could do a dual double hung. foam in frames, low e, full tear out and install.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Compare the numbers. What are the thermal (u-value and shgc) and structural (DP and ai) ratings on both? That should make the comparison somewhat clearer... I don't have any experience with the viylmax. It looks like it has a few nice features, but I can't see paying that premium, especially not for another window with the Intercept spacer. At least with Plygem you can get the stainless spacer... and Plygem does have a lifetime transferrable warranty.