Sunrise Verde vs. Okna 800 (Envirostar)

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise Verde vs. Okna 800 (Envirostar)

#16 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

I used be concerned about the light as well but with the cost of energy and the improvement that you garner from triple pane, it is a good investment regardless and the offset isn't that bad at all.

HomeSealed

#17 Post by HomeSealed »

I can't say that I've ever had anyone complain about the loss of light. Biggest difference will probably be the combination of low-e glass and a smaller frame in an insert installation, so that next step to TP is fairly minor.

VA Consumer

#18 Post by VA Consumer »

I have received quotes from a number of companies but have narrowed it down to these two window choices, too.

I see that there seems to be a quality edge to Okna 800, and currently my local company is offering the 1800 series at the 800 price...BUT.

The price difference is significant. We are replacing 21 windows in total, all but 4 are DH and most of the DH are quite wide (about 3 feet wide)

The difference in price is about $4k. And that is before asking for discounts from the Sunrise guys, and after figuring in all the discounts from the Okna guys.

Other notable differences are the fact that the Sunrise price included tempered glass on three borderline sized windows, where the Okna did not.

Both companies are highly rated and have been in business for some time. Is the Okna worth the extra dough for the DC Metro climate?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#19 Post by masterext »

The okna triple pane will be more efficient than the sunrise. The okna also has a nice looking handle which really gives it an edge in terms of looks when its installed.
The price diferential really isnt substantial based on the gain in performance , looks, and the fact that you wont need to replace the windows ever again.
Okna's quality control has a nice edge as well.

HomeSealed

#20 Post by HomeSealed »

Few observations:
1) both windows are good choices, but the okna is better in most every objective area
2) I'd strengthen that recommendation given that you mentioned that your dh's are very wide. This particular circumstance is one where I start leaning slightly away from even recommending Sunrise. At the very least, sash reinforcement is a must, but the sill can get to be a concern on these wide units as well
3) I'd also give sufficient weight to the dealers in question. Installation quality is supremely important as is dealing with an established, well regarded company.
4) given the price difference, I'm not sure that the products are an apples to apples comparison, particularly the glass. This might be one are to make up a few bucks if you were so inclined..

Ultimately, the price difference is nothing to shake a stick at, but for a 30+ year investment, I'd opt for the superior unit if all else is equal

beatmopzz

#21 Post by beatmopzz »

I guess it is safe to assume that you can vouch for Paul's work..... vidmate 2014 mobdro app
Last edited by beatmopzz on Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

#22 Post by Windows on Washington »

Yes. Paul at AGM does quality work.

Aashi

#23 Post by Aashi »

HomeSealed wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:10 pm In that product line, the added efficiency will outweigh the minor loss in VT . If the price is right, it is generally the best choice for your climate.
Hi friend
Choosing this product line seems like a smart move, especially in light of the demands of your climate, when you take into account the trade-off between efficiency and small VT loss, as well as the price element.[color=#FFFFFFF]Networth[/color]

Suspish

#24 Post by Suspish »

masterext wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:17 pm The okna triple pane will be more efficient than the sunrise. The okna also has a nice looking handle which really gives it an edge in terms of looks when its installed.
The price diferential really isnt substantial based on the gain in performance , looks, and the fact that you wont need to replace the windows ever again.vanced
Okna's quality control has a nice edge as well.
Both Sunrise Verde and Okna 800 (Envirostar) are excellent window options. Sunrise Verde offers impressive energy efficiency and aesthetics, while Okna 800 is known for its durability and advanced insulation. Ultimately, the choice should depend on your specific needs and budget. Both brands have a reputation for quality, so you can't go wrong with either one.