(1) Hail damage, (2) Denver afternoon sun

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
saladnut

(1) Hail damage, (2) Denver afternoon sun

#1 Post by saladnut »

This board is very helpful, thanks! I have two questions.

1) We recently had hail damage, and our screens were destroyed, but we were very surprised that the insurance adjuster said we needed new windows. He said the casings were cracked. I would like to understand this better and how to determine that we definitely need new windows?
2) I'd like to understand the best window brands for afternoon Denver sun, which can be brutal and heat up a room beyond belief. I've read about Okna, Gorrell, Soft-Lite in a few discussions about afternoon sun, but when I try to find a local dealer, those brand websites don't show local dealers, want you to call, or want to get your information up front. I prefer to do my research before contacting companies. Any suggestions for the best window for sun, any altitude concerns, would be very helpful. Many thanks!!!

Windows on Washington

Re: (1) Hail damage, (2) Denver afternoon sun

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Can you post up some pictures of the exteriors?

I do know that Okna is not currently in Colorado but Sunrise is.

There were a couple of exhaustive threads where a gentleman/woman wound up going with the Sunrise.

I would start with Sunrise dealers first if I were you.

saladnut

Re: (1) Hail damage, (2) Denver afternoon sun

#3 Post by saladnut »

Thank you so much for your response. The windows are on the 2nd floor, so difficult to take a picture. I have found 2 companies that I feel comfortable with thanks to this forum, one installer for Soft-Lite and one for Sunrise. I'm hoping with 2 estimates / opinions that I will be comfortable with one of them. They both look good on Angie's list. Okna did respond that they have no dealers / installers in this area. I very much appreciate the time you took to respond.