V-Class by Sunrise Windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Mark_Z

V-Class by Sunrise Windows

#1 Post by Mark_Z »

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering of anyone has any information on the V Class replacement windows from Sunrise?

I was told that it is basically the Restorations frame, glass, and sash but the V-Class has a regular transparency screen instead of high transparency, and a different lock latch system than Restorations.

If that is the case then what are they doing with the Vanguard series? Isn't that almost the same as the Restorations minus the reinforced frame and insulation?

HomeSealed

Re: V-Class by Sunrise Windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Not sure exactly which options come with the V-class, but as you alluded to, the option content is the only difference between the various models. The Restorations is the Cadillac, and then down to Vanguard, Verde, and basic Sunrise in that order. Essentials is the lowest but not the same product as the other lines.
I'd imagine that the V class falls somewhere around the Vanguard and Verde in terms of option content.

Mark_Z

#3 Post by Mark_Z »

Thanks for the response. The Sunrise retail selection is very confusing to me since they are not all under the same line but actually set up as different companies. The information on the V class can be found at vclasswindows.com/about/ but it is very vague.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Not necessarily differnet companies, but they do "brand" the models independantly and have different websites... It makes sense on some levels, but does consumers no favors when trying to decipher the various offerings

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

Over the last 10-years I've sold and installed as many Sunrise variations as any other window that we carry. I understand what upper management is trying to achieve with all of their different versions of their products to protect larger dealers with with their huge volume of orders that is the "bread and butter" of profitable and steady income for the manufacturer. I don't approve of it or like it all. It makes things very confusing for the consumer and and too many dealers are still utilizing way too much "Tom Foolery" types of blue suede shoe high pressure overpriced sales presentations with complete distortion of the truth.

With that being said I'm going agree with what HomeSealed mentioned in that the V-series is probably just another version along the lines of the Vanguard or Verde series. It should most likely be priced about 10-20% less than the Restorations at most.

Being an audio hi-fi nut, I'd love to get my hands on a product that lives up to the manufacturer's claims like a "McIntosh" component. Seems to me lately that Sunrise wants to be more like a "Bose" business model that's headed in the direction of Fisher lately.