Viewpoint 3000 Windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
nahbhk

Viewpoint 3000 Windows

#1 Post by nahbhk »

I had Viewpoint 3000 windows installed this Sep. During the last very cold spell I have had ice on the inside of my windows.The windows seem to be drafty. Taking a closer look at the windows I found defects such as pin holes or larger. I must have at least three large pin holes & several small pin holes in the bottom window diagonal seam. Most of the vertical slots in the bottom seam where the windows close at the bottom and some of the diagonal bottom seam joints have not been fused properly. There are some minor caulking problems with the installation of the windows. I have only checked the windows on the lower floor. These windows are not the quality I would expect from a new installation. I don't know what can be done about these problems.

Thanks for the feedback. Is there anyway to identify the windows are Viwpoint 3000. The only ones I can find are on the picture windows--silver & pink labels in very small print. The silver has something like 3500, etc series & below it fixed.
Last edited by nahbhk on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

Re: Viewpoint 3000 Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sounds like more of an install issue unless there are physically holes in the windows.

Not a great window in the panacea of replacement windows, but I would be suspect of the install from the start.

HomeSealed

Re: Viewpoint 3000 Windows

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Lots of potential issues here, my recommendation would be to get the installation company back out and take a look.

Secondly, I would note that the condensation/ice is not in itself proof that there is something wrong. With the double digit negative temps that many areas saw recently, even high quality window with no issues whatsoever could see condensation and/or ice given the right set of circumstances. Search out window condensation causes and you will find a plethora of information on the topic.