Vinyl Design? Sunrise? Alside? Help!

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
alison

Vinyl Design? Sunrise? Alside? Help!

#1 Post by alison »

Hi there!

I'm in the process of evaluating the many quotes I've received for (8) replacement DH vinyl windows at my townhouse in North Carolina. The price breakdown for the windows I've received quotes for is as follows:

Window World 4000 Series (Alside Mezzo, I believe): $2700
Andersen Silverline: $2700
Vinyl Design MountainView: $3100
Sunrise: $4500

The Andersen Silverline and Vinyl Design Mountainview were quoted by the same company - they called the Silverline their "mid-grade" and the MountainView their "premium" vinyl window. The Silverline's U and SHGC ratings weren't at all impressive, so I leaning away from that window. The Sunrise window is extremely impressive (U=0.24 and SGHC=0.21), but also much more expensive. Also, while I realize that Window World has many negative reviews out there, but many people in my neighborhood have used them and recommended them, hence why I went ahead and got a quote (perhaps we have one of the good franchises here?).

Any insight from the window experts? I'm probably not going to be living in this house for more than another 2-3 years, at which time I'll either sell or rent it. Thanks in advance for your advice!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Vinyl Design? Sunrise? Alside? Help!

#2 Post by masterext »

The sunrise is a much better/ wiser investement; its built much better and has very good performance number. Silverline is complete garbage and mezzo is not regarded as quality either. Never heard of Mountain view but a glance at the website and the performance numbers are maybe average.
Lets say you pay 1500 more for sunrise and stay in the home for 10 years, thats 150 per year or roughly 13 dollars a month, not all that much really.

HomeSealed

Re: Vinyl Design? Sunrise? Alside? Help!

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Great perspective from Masterext. I'd agree on the product assessment