Spacer cost

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
hollatom

Spacer cost

#1 Post by hollatom »

I was just wondering the relative cost of spacer upgrade vs coating upgrade. I have a quote for Milgard windows with edgegard spacers and low e2 coating. If I wanted to get the U value to .3 to qualify for local energy rebates, which would be a cheaper way to get there Edgegardmaxx or suncoatmaxx?

Thanks!
TOM

HomeSealed

Re: Spacer cost

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

That could really vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, company to company. Best thing to do would be to ask the actual cost difference from the option that you are considering

hollatom

#3 Post by hollatom »

Whoops. I realized i put this topic in a wrong location.

This is for Milgard windows. I've had a bit of an issue dealing with the salesmen to get the correct specs for the windows I want so I don't exactly trust him. He gave me a quote for basic windows. Then a quote for the same windows with the suncoatmaxx low e 3 on them. What I really want is the spacer instead of the low e 3. He is going to get back to me but I just thought I would ask the opinion of the group on whether the edgegardmaxx spacer would be more or less than the low e 3 quote.

Thanks

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Tom,

Also depends on your climate to be honest. While a 3 coat Low-e might get you to the same end (i.e. U-Factor 0.30 or below), the fact is that is might be the "wrong" coating for your climate.

Where is the home located?