Polaris DynaWeld vs Sunrise Restoration vs Okna 500

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
seadog2121

Polaris DynaWeld vs Sunrise Restoration vs Okna 500

#1 Post by seadog2121 »

I have gotten a couple quotes now, one for Polaris DynaWeld, Sunrise Restoration, and Okna 500 respectively.

I can't find much out about the Polaris DynaWeld statistics. I believe it is a cheaper window compared to the other two.

Respectively I have a quote for Dynaweld at around $540 per window installed,
Okna 500 at $650 a window installed
Sunrise Restoration at around $660 a window installed

How are these prices looking and is the Dynaweld the best deal or a terrible window based on the price differential?

Thanks!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Polaris DynaWeld vs Sunrise Restoration vs Okna 500

#2 Post by masterext »

Not a fair comp, the dynaweld is a budget window whereas the 2 others are premium offerings.

seadog2121

#3 Post by seadog2121 »

Thanks for the reply!

Two questions to the experts out there!

1. is $530 to $550 installed per window the going price for a budget window like the Dynaweld? In a similar sense is the going rate for Okna 500 / Sunrise Restoration windows $630 to $650 installed?

2. Does the size of a window affect its price, I have windows half the size of other windows being quoted the same price.

3. What would the major difference(s) be between a budget window like the Polaris Dynaweld and the Okna 500 or Sunrise Restoration?

Hmm that was 3 questions, sorry!

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

1. That's an aggressive price on the DynaWeld and it is a pretty solid little window. The 500 is still a better unit, but certainly worth consideration given the price spread. I always say, spend the money once and get the best product that you can get for the money.

2. Yes and no. Windows are priced (from most manufacturers) via size brackets. Even if a window is smaller, it may be in the same bracket and therefore, be the same cost.

3. The 500 will have better thermals and air infiltration numbers. That being said, the DynaWeld performance numbers are as good as the Sunrise so I can't see a real legitimization for that choice based on the performance comparison in favor of the Sunrise.

seadog2121

#5 Post by seadog2121 »

By aggressive on the price, do you mean that is an average, good, or bad price?

Thanks for the reply! I spent a good bit of time trying to find the stats to compare the windows, hard to do a cost vs benefit analysis without any hard numbers :).

I appreciate you responding to all of my questions and the info you shared about each window, thanks!

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

seadog, all of the pricing that you have received is pretty firmly within the normal range of reason, if not even a little low depending on who is quoting. The Restorations goes for over $1k per window in my market for a point of reference.

Then dynaweld is a solid entry level choice. The 500 is the elite performer of the bunch, and if that is offered by an established, reputable company, that's a very fair price point even if the installation is very basic. Frankly, I don't think that you have a bad option in this group, but the okna 500 would be my personal choice decisively having sold or installed all three.

KeithFi

#7 Post by KeithFi »

HomeSealed wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:26 pm seadog, all of the pricing that you have received is pretty firmly within the normal range of reason, if not even a little low depending on who is quoting. The Restorations goes for over $1k per window in my market for a point of reference.

Then HGH-X2 is a solid entry level choice. The 500 is the elite performer of the bunch, and if that is offered by an established, reputable company, that's a very fair price point even if the installation is very basic. Frankly, I don't think that you have a bad option in this group, but the okna 500 would be my personal choice decisively having sold or installed all three.
Thanks for sharing your insights, HomeSealed. What are the advanteges of Okna 500 over the other two would you say?
Last edited by KeithFi on Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

Mil thickness on the vinyl
Thermal performance
Air infiltration

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

Exactly as WoW stated. I would say that the 500 is probably the most stout and installer-friendly product of that group as well, very rigid and easy to get dialed in for long term performance. The Restorations, while good, may be one of the trickier units. I haven't personally installed Dynawelds to comment.

Bika 03

#10 Post by Bika 03 »

KeithFi wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:07 am
HomeSealed wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:26 pm seadog, all of the pricing that you have received is pretty firmly within the normal range of reason, if not even a little low depending on who is quoting. The Restorations goes for over $1k per window in my market for a point of reference.

The 500 is the elite performer of the bunch, and if that is offered by an established, reputable company, that's a very fair price point even if the installation is very basic. Frankly, I don't think that you have a bad option in this group, but the okna 500 would be my personal choice decisively having sold or installed all three.
Thanks for sharing your insights about phenq, HomeSealed. What are the advanteges of Okna 500 over the other two would you say?

I agree with you, 500 was a big success that time!
Last edited by Bika 03 on Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dias_9

#11 Post by Dias_9 »

Then dynaweld is a solid entry level choice. The 500 is the elite performer of the bunch, and if that is offered by an established, reputable company, that's a very fair price point even if the installation is very basic. Frankly, I don't think about legal steroids at gnc and that you have a bad option in this group, but the okna 500 would be my personal choice decisively having sold or installed all three.
I agree with you on this, 500 is inded an elite performer and very reputable company.