Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-870-7321

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Evans Eurocraft vs Certainteed
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:24 pm 

I've narrowed down my replacement window selection to either Evans Eurocraft or Certainteed. I would appreciate input on both these window, especially since the eurocraft window is roughly $2500 more. (I have 21 windows to replace.) Which is a better window?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:32 pm 

Hello, I am looking at replacing with Certainteed as well on the west (ocean) side of the house. The current aluminum windows let the heat right out. I have just began researching and would appreciate if someone could reply to me as well.

Thank you!

Allea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:01 pm 

I'm looking to replace my windows with Erocraft and was wondering which window you went with and do you like your choice ?? Thanks, Terri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:21 pm 

Check the warranties and the companies standing with the BBB find out who will stand behind the project.

IMO I have found that very few companies will actually warranty their window but if you can find a company that does you have a gold mine on your hands.

Look for a seemless comapny with no middle man I can not comment on what company does what but in doing research so far for an upcoming project I know that I am looking for a company with one point of contact that does all. As far as price I am personally willing to pay more for the peace of mind knowing that I am getting a great installation, quality product, and a company that has more to offer than just some fancy name.

What I have found that in the industry today it appears that Energy Star rated products are the norm but how long will that product maintain its initial integrity is a completely different story. So how do we the consumer protect ourselves? Well I can say I have become over educated in the PERFORMACE ratings of windows this is a rating produce by AAMA and supported by the NFRC both third party non biased organizations that test windows. My best guess and granted I am no expert is going with what those agencies say about the different companies is that if you gamble with Certinteed you are throwing your money away. I have no comment on Evans as I have not seen or researched their product but I can tell you that I will be setting up an appointment over the next couple of days to see how they stand up.

JUST a consumer's Tip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:15 pm 

robert wrote:
Check the warranties and the companies standing with the BBB find out who will stand behind the project.

IMO I have found that very few companies will actually warranty their window but if you can find a company that does you have a gold mine on your hands.

Look for a seemless comapny with no middle man I can not comment on what company does what but in doing research so far for an upcoming project I know that I am looking for a company with one point of contact that does all. As far as price I am personally willing to pay more for the peace of mind knowing that I am getting a great installation, quality product, and a company that has more to offer than just some fancy name.

What I have found that in the industry today it appears that Energy Star rated products are the norm but how long will that product maintain its initial integrity is a completely different story. So how do we the consumer protect ourselves? Well I can say I have become over educated in the PERFORMACE ratings of windows this is a rating produce by AAMA and supported by the NFRC both third party non biased organizations that test windows. My best guess and granted I am no expert is going with what those agencies say about the different companies is that if you gamble with Certinteed you are throwing your money away. I have no comment on Evans as I have not seen or researched their product but I can tell you that I will be setting up an appointment over the next couple of days to see how they stand up.

JUST a consumer's Tip.

follow up for those that live in the Northwest I am sold Evans is the best Company hands down, Reputation, product, showmanship, installation, I am a 100% pre satistfied and looking forward to my windows 11 for 15000.

Quality, Value and Comfort. Can't wait to see what they look like!!!

Post subject: Re: Evans Eurocraft vs Certainteed
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:57 pm 

Certainteed Somerton II and Certainteed BrynMawr II are good vinyl windows. Ask for the glass to come double strength(1/8") instead of single strength. No difference in price.