Superior vs Milgard Window Reviews ?

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
JonnyJ

Superior vs Milgard Window Reviews ?

#1 Post by JonnyJ »

We are looking to replace 12 windows in our home and are looking for Superior and milgard window reviews, it is a 1955 house with the original single hung and slider windows, we have decided on vinyl but now the hard part, which windows, we looked at Milgard and liked them, looked at Anlin and liked them but the sales guy that came to our home was such a jack*** that we just don't want him to come back, the next contractor came out and recommended Superior brand and they looked nice but I can't find any reviews or comments on them...any thoughts or reactions?

Thanks in advance for your input.

JJ

joe123

#2 Post by joe123 »

I looked at several brands over several years (long story).

Time and time again, I head nothing but bad news about the Superior Windows.

Several of my friends went with Milgard Classi vinyl retro fit windows and they were all very pleased. I looked at them and they look solid. Other good brands include CertainTeed.

Good luck.

USNAT1NC1RET

#3 Post by USNAT1NC1RET »

I have milgard in my house, I sell windows and just switched to a company that sold milgard, until I got there and changed companies. Milgard makes a great double hung...that is all I can say about Milgard. The rest of their product line in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired. I won't sell them! AND I OWN THEM!

earwax

#4 Post by earwax »

sell windows and just switched to a company that sold milgard, until I got there and changed companies. Milgard makes a great double hung...that is all I can say about Milgard. The rest of their product line in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired. I won't sell them! AND I OWN THEM!
So.....what did you change to? What did you not like about them?

JonnyJ, Anlin is one of the best windows for retrofit on the west coast. If you cannot find another dealer that sells them, look for the Amerimax, Simonton, Jeld-Wen Premium, and, the Milgard. IMO I like the Milgard product.

Door&WindowPlus

#5 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

I sell over 15 brands of windows including Simonton, Milgard, Superior, Certainteed, Polybau, Atrium, and Comfort Design. We don't sell Anlin because the warranty is not very good. Go to their web site to see it if you dont believe me. Simonton seems to be the best value when it comes to price, features, and warranty. Milgard is a good product but those rollers suck and with no glass breakage warranty my customers get pissed when I tell them it is not covered under the warranty. I give each customer a copy of each brand but the customer seems to never read the whole thing. I would go with Simonton with the Super Spacer.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

earwax

#6 Post by earwax »

I am not a fan of the Anlin warranty, the 20 years parts and the 10 year labor are not a west coast standard anymore. What other 8 windows do you sell? Why do you carry so many competing brands?

The only reason I ask, is you state that you won't sell Anlin because of the warranty. Superior changed their warranty in teh past while, after Atrium purchased them, and IWC changed theirs only to keep up with Milgard. Simonton has always had a good warranty.

In Northern California, Anlin will not sell anybody who carries what they consider too many brands. Are you sure they decided not to sell to you? They have one of the best made products in our area, why would you not want to sell them? If you say warranty, I do not buy that 100%.

kris

#7 Post by kris »

A warrenty is only as good as the Company that stands behind it. I'll take Anlin over any of the other brands you mentioned for its build quality, looks and, yes, warrenty. Your customers get upset if they don't have glass breakage? We install 40 to 50 homes a month going on 14 years and get at the most 1 to 2 calls a year for glass breakage. Its a good thing Simonton doesn't build cars. You wouldn't need collision coverage.

Door&WindowPlus

#8 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

kris wrote:A warrenty is only as good as the Company that stands behind it. I'll take Anlin over any of the other brands you mentioned for its build quality, looks and, yes, warrenty. Your customers get upset if they don't have glass breakage? We install 40 to 50 homes a month going on 14 years and get at the most 1 to 2 calls a year for glass breakage. Its a good thing Simonton doesn't build cars. You wouldn't need collision coverage.
kris,
Are you a Anlin dealer? Anlin doesnt warranty glass breakage and the labor warranty sucks. If a company stands behind it's product it would warranty it it for life. Anlin cant afford a glass breakage warranty and a lifetime labor warranty they are sold only in California.

Erin Johnson

Milgard Windows with Super Spacer

#9 Post by Erin Johnson »

All:

Please find a link on Milgard Windows' website about thier Mastri window line made with Super Spacer:

http://www.milgard.com/_doc/products/vi ... 0Spacer%22

Door&WindowPlus

Re: Milgard Windows with Super Spacer

#10 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

Erin Johnson wrote:All:

Please find a link on Milgard Windows' website about thier Mastri window line made with Super Spacer:

http://www.milgard.com/_doc/products/vi ... 0Spacer%22
Interesting they dont offer it on the West coast but call it "The highest quality, most durable replacement windows available." by Milgard. West coast buyers might wonder why not available on west coast if its Milgards highest quality and most durable available. I wonder if it will ever be on available on the West Coast. Thanks for the link.

frenchbeech

Re: Superior vs Milgard vs ?

#11 Post by frenchbeech »

I just visited the Champion Window showroom and got a 45 minute sales pitch on their vinyl windows, it sounds very impressive but the price seems to be pretty pricey for a replacement. How do Champion windows compare to Milgard, Superior and other brands being mentioned.

The outfit seems to be very big, they install windows themselves, have a pretty good warrantly with windown breakage, strong solid construction as compared to what I see at HOme Depot or Lowes. Anybody have any good or negative experience with these windows?

Windows(SouthernCA)

Re: Superior vs Milgard vs ?

#12 Post by Windows(SouthernCA) »

In Southern California both Superior and Milgard make good windows. Both have a plant in the area which is nice if you ever need service. Warranty is very similar. Can't go wrong with either brand.