What are the top window brands for the self-installer?

For those self-installers
PigInAPoke

What are the top window brands for the self-installer?

#1 Post by PigInAPoke »

What window brands are the most energy efficient that a self-installer can purchase?

macattac

Re: What are the top window brands for the self-installer?

#2 Post by macattac »

Are you talking about replacements?

Nationally you will get sucked into the Big Box stores and their not so great offerings. In your local market you can do better by checking out small wholesalers and small lumberyards willing to sell you direct. Oftentimes a window is sold as a high-end product in one town by a dealer, but 2 towns over a small distributor will sell you the same thing for 25% more than what they pay. It all depends on how the manufacturer goes to market in your area.

Where are you? Someone here will know the area.

PigInAPoke

#3 Post by PigInAPoke »

macattac wrote:Are you talking about replacements?
Yes. I reside in St. Louis, MO. I have been researching vinyl replacement windows for almost one year and "finally" decided to have Vanguard windows (.28 U-Factor) by Sunrise installed by the local Sunrise dealer. I need three (3) trapezoid windows and two (2) 2-Lite sliders. Their price for all five windows is $3000.00 (or $600.00 each). My brother who has worked in the construction trade for over 10 years (and is super handy!) ask that I research vinyl replacment windows that we could install ourselves. We are looking for the most energy efficient double-pane window (U-Factor .28 or better) we can find. We would appreciate any help we can get.

denmick

#4 Post by denmick »

Look at the simonton 9800 triple pane low e argon gas should be under $375