Silverline window

For those self-installers
tdwindow7

Silverline window

#1 Post by tdwindow7 »

I am looking at the silverline windows, recently purchased by anderson. I looks like a stable company with good quality products. does anyone have any experience with these windows?

bungalo

#2 Post by bungalo »

Anderson bought Silverline (aka American Craftsman)? never heard of this.

Windows(SouthernCA)

Re: Silverline window

#3 Post by Windows(SouthernCA) »

Silverline on the west coast is a totally redesigned window shipped out of Texas. Silverline I think realizes that their current lines would not do well in California. The new window is pretty good for the price point. They only have single hung, picture and xo sliding option available right now.

jsmomo

#4 Post by jsmomo »

stay away far away just because anderson bought them doesnt make it a good window :D

triple_krypton

#5 Post by triple_krypton »

silverline are the biggest pieces of junk on the market. anderson buys them and everyone thinks they must be good. not true!

jsmomo

#6 Post by jsmomo »

u also have others that are in the same category dove , mi , in my area us vinyl to name a few to a regular consumer they no nothing about their bad reputation of making low grade windows.

advanced_energy

#7 Post by advanced_energy »

MI (metal industries) are total junk along with silverline/american craftsman and also Pella's vinyl..all junk !!!

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Have you installed any Silverline 8500?
They seem ok to me and we have not had any call backs.
I have used Pella vinyl and do not like them.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Their top end model looks relatively good. I am always suspect of a company that produces 3 lines of garbage and one good line. They were calling on us the other day and it didn't look half bad.

Door&WindowPlus

#10 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

I sell alot of different window manufacturers in Southern California and some of the windows are much different from coast to coast.

Silverline on the West Coast comes out of Texas and is a much better window then the one sold on the east coast. Very few problems with this brand. Our representative just got laid off so who knows what will happen now. When Silverline first came out to California I wasn't impressed but after installing their windows and doors I have changed my mind.

MI on the West Coast comes out of Arizona and is a much better window then the one sold on the east coast. No problems and service is excellent when something does happen.

I think when homeowners come onto this forum and guys post they are junk you need to be find out what series they are looking at and where do they live before talking trash.

samitn

#11 Post by samitn »

I am always suspect of a company that produces 3 lines of garbage and one good line.