Shuco/Gorell/Bay Area Installation

A place to talk about the Window Industry
limerence

Shuco/Gorell/Bay Area Installation

#1 Post by limerence »

Hello All,

In reading the posts here, it looks like everyone loves Shuco. Unfortunately, since I live in San Jose, CA, haven't had any luck in finding them. Therefore, tried to look for Gorell that looks to be favored as well, but no such luck either. Are there any other brands(with their respective lines) for vinyl replacement windows/doors that most on here agree to as a solid product that is sold in the Bay Area?

Also, there is alot of mention in terms of quality installation. I live in a townhouse and was hoping to install retrofit windows on my own and have someone come in to install 6 sliding patio doors (Yes, you heard right, there's 6. 4 - 95x 80's and 2 - 118 x 80's. It's colder on the inside of the house during the winter, and hotter in the inside of the house in the summer). I helped my brother install retrofit windows into his place before and it didn't seem that bad, but seeing as so many talk about incorrect installation, I'm wondering if I should have someone install the windows as well just to ensure a solid job. Feedback?

Lastly, I tried looking for people on here in the Bay Area, but couldn't find too many. Any reputable installers on here that service San Jose?

earwax

#2 Post by earwax »

Able Glass in San Jose, Arganaut windows in Campbell, Bay city window in Fremont. I am sure there are plenty. You can also try Quality window and Door in Pleasanton. They will most likely come out there as well.

Look for an Anlin, Simonton, Amerimax, or Polybau window for the heighest end window. Mid Grade would be a Jeld-Wen Premium, Milgard, or Certainteed. Hope this helps you in your quest.