Simonton Contractor Series

A place to talk about the Window Industry
jinohio

Simonton Contractor Series

#1 Post by jinohio »

I've been looking at Simonton windows, specifically the Contractor Series (new construction). I've been to Home Depot and received quotes, and I've been to a couple lumber yards and window stores with quotes. The later quote ProFinish Contractor windows. HD doesn't mention, or know anything about Profinish. The brochure from HD lists Premium Series, Pro Series and Contractor Series. The ProFinish brochure lists Master Series, Contractor Series and Builder Series. Does Simonton make a line of Contractor windows just for HD? Is the ProFinish Contractor the same as HD's Contractor?
thanks

Windows on Washington

Re: Simonton Contractor Series

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I'm not sure about the cross overs on the line ups, but Simonton definitely does brand their stuff for HD.

If the prices are comparable, I would always recommend a lumber yard over HD. Just seems to be less prone to issues if you follow that path.

jinohio

Re: Simonton Contractor Series

#3 Post by jinohio »

I tried several times to call Simonton to ask the question, but when I had a chance to call, so did 500 other people. I finally got through, and was told that the HD Contractor and non-HD ProFinish Contractor are exactly the same. With a 15% sale until 10/9, plus a 10% military discount, there was a considerable savings at HD. We ordered last night.

Thanks for the reply.