Simonton Website

A place to talk about the Window Industry
smw1942

Simonton Website

#1 Post by smw1942 »

When did Simonton change its website? I initially logged on a week or so ago and found a lot of useful information about its product lines, including side-by-side comparisons of several of its product lines, such as Platinum Prism, Generations 6000 and Reflections 5500. I logged on today and the website is very bland and uninformative. It seems designed to steer consumers to installers or dealers for information. The downside is that installlers seem more interested in promoting the product lines that they handle and downgrading other Simonton lines rather than providing objective information. Luckily, I copied much of the product information I was interested in from the old website. Had I started my search this week, I would have been pretty handicapped, except for useful information that I received from my initial query to the Discussion Board Forum.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I noticed the change the other day. A definite step down in website quality and info. I couldn't find the info I was looking for and I know it was posted before on the old site.

OkieDokieRick

Is it still possible for you to share this information?

#3 Post by OkieDokieRick »

I am just starting my search, and didn't know the website had changed, but I was disappointed in the website. I was expecting more information from a company that makes a quality window.

Is it still possible for you to share the information you copied?

micman82

#4 Post by micman82 »

I'm seeing informative stuff at:

http://www.simonton.com/Products/ProductIndex.htm

click your state and go from there. Pretty easy to get to a lot of specs. Perhaps they've gone back to old website in the past few days (don't know--my first time on the site).

RBlair

#5 Post by RBlair »

While the Simonton web site does have a lot of useful information, I am not finding the comparison information I am looking for either.

I am trying to determine exactly what the differences are between the 5500 and 9800 and that information seems to be unavailable. That is not a good thing for consumers, specially those of us that are technical - I am a pre-sales technology consultant or sales engineer and can be rough on dealers that can not back up claims. I am less interested in what line a dealer is pushing and more interested in true technical information.