TPS Spacers gain ground in U.S.

A place to talk about the Window Industry
Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

TPS Spacers gain ground in U.S.

#1 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Most of you know I sell Schuco windows. One of the selling points is the unmatched TPS seals, which are superb in guarding against seal failure and gas loss.
I am also a commercial Traco window dealer and have just been informed through a two page press release that Traco has just switched to TPS seals in their entire commercial line. This is another major step into the US market for this superb technology. Hopefully this is the start of a trend. I'd like to have it in all the windows I sell.

*Traco is one of the largest manufacturers of commercial aluminum windows and has done such high profile jobs as the crown windows in the Statue of Liberty and the new windows for the Empire State Building.

Tempojjj

#2 Post by Tempojjj »

A salesman told me Traco is getting out of the residential window business gradually. Is this true?

HipKat

#3 Post by HipKat »

I agree. TPS is the best!!! Same seal that airplanes use and same seal that Mecedes S-Class uses in it's windshields.

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#4 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

TPS seems like an excellent spacer and may take over the market, but Super Spacer is still #1. Just the facts folks. In the only test done in the world using the best spacers today-all of the big ones Super Spacer came out #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!in every category. Period...........So until further notice there is only one spacer that can claim that title. But for you TPS junkies it is possible TPS could be getting real close to dethroning Super Spacer.

The U Factor

#5 Post by The U Factor »

could you provide us with your 3rd party info backing up this statement.
:D

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#6 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Yes sir u-factor, I tried to post the link in was in my old bookmarks but sorry it's gone. Your probably quite fond of TPS and I am all but a total convert to this system myself because on the surface it just seems like it's structurally stronget than a foam spacer.
What I do recall and you can probably fine it on the net is GGF (Glass and Glazing Fenestration in London back in the early 2000"s did a test to find out who had the warmest edge. As best as I can recall is Azon Swiggle TPS, and Super Spacer along with a few more were tested. The results which I once had and I guess I'll have to get again tested the spacers in all different types of frames for the warmest edge and durability over x # of years. Anyway Super Spacer came out #1 in every category. One of the test was an aging test and it gave Super Spacer some outrageous #'s.Very serious longivity.
I've seen seal failures in every spacer system sold in this country including TPS and Super Spacer, but it was the fault of the window mfrg and not the spacer.
The only people that brag about TPS are the Schuco people and I hate that window because I can't get it and it's an outstanding window and I might add at a super price. So you see I'm just jealous. Getting back to the original question Super Spacer in all verifiable test to date are #1 but pretty much like Low-e there isn't much that separates the best and when it comes to spacers SS and TPS are are at the top alone. With a slight edge to ???????