Republic Owner Rumored to Have Started New Company in Nov.

A place to talk about the Window Industry
Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Republic Owner Rumored to Have Started New Company in Nov.

#1 Post by Window4U (IL) »

According to this article, the owner of Republic looks to have started a new company by buying out Traco's residential division back in November and starting Echo Windows in Iowa.
Was the closure of Republic not as much of a surprise to the Republic brass as news reports hinted? The three day notice of closure to the employees made it sound like Republic didn't see the closure coming until their financing was pulled. This new article sounds almost like they knew it a while ago ....which will probably enrage workers even more. I don't have any inside info but I have to say this is juicy stuff to watch.
I'm sure reporters will be digging the way this story has been developing.

http://www.dwmmag.com/index.php/republi ... w-company/

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Republic Owner Rumored to Have Started New Company in Nov.

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I just heard this on Fox News Chicago and then confirmed it by searching newspapers on Google. The old owners of Republic who started Echo Windows in Iowa just went out of business. That didn't take long! That had to be an expensive venture since they bought Traco residential and turned it into Echo.

And did you see this coming.... the Echo employees are suing.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

That sucks. Why do the employees of a not defunct company get to sue? I am not sure of the rationale there.

advanced_energy

#4 Post by advanced_energy »

again.another example of people blaming others for their own stupidity. after what went on with republic they come on board with Echo. what did they think was going to happen. there will be other blow ups,too many replacement window companies out there.