Okna or ForceV Enviromental (Schuco)

A place to talk about the Window Industry
WindowEDU

Okna or ForceV Enviromental (Schuco)

#1 Post by WindowEDU »

Window pros any feedback on forceV enviromental or Okna Windows would be appreciated.
We are researching both to find the BEST product out there. Using SoftLite (Imperial LS) now but looking to RAISE the bar on a manufacturer with better service and LESS glass issues. Also looking for a window that looks good and has good numbers. Looking forward to some good, SOLID info.

Henry5

Re: Okna or Force Environmental (Schuco)

#2 Post by Henry5 »

I don't think anyone could give you solid information on Force V since the plant didn't even open yet.

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna or ForceV Enviromental (Schuco)

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

where are you located? Region has much to do with service effectiveness.

WindowEDU

#4 Post by WindowEDU »

We are in Central Pennsylvania.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I have great results with Simonton 5500 series.Customers like them and very little call back.

randy

#6 Post by randy »

WindowEDU, I'd be interested in communicating with you about Soft-lite. I met with them on Friday and I was planning on picking up the line.
PLEASE DON"T POST E-mails!! - Use this; http://www.replacement-windows.com/wind ... um.php?f=9

WindowEDU

#7 Post by WindowEDU »

Randy, Softlite has a great product line. We mainly sold the Imperial LS and customers really seemed to like it. However, we had to many glass issues with them so we switched to OKNA windows. We are mainly selling the Starmark line (cellular composite). We have been very pleased with the product and ZERO glass issues. Okna does their glass packs IN-House where Softlite outsources their glass packs. Based on 20-years in the industry I've found manufacturers that make the glass packs within the factory have better success than those that outsource. It could be that we spot more issues with the glass because all our employees wash the wds inside and out when completed. If we would not have experienced so many glitches in the glass from Soft-lite we may have NOT stopped offering them.

JScott

#8 Post by JScott »

Gorell is in Indiana, PA and do their own in-house glass.

I like local folks to keep profits in the community; unfortunately, my state only has crappy manufacturers like Pella vinyl, Pennco, Viwintek, Sun and Rogers. Okna profits go to Poland.

We have had a few glass issues with Softlite but you are not the 1st to state some issues. The issues I have with them are being resolved as my new softlite rep is an old friend.

Nothing like selling hoppers for the tax credit then wondering where the nfrc stickers are- their hoppers are not tested by nfrc and do not qualify. Would have been nice to know this up front and not wait tell the things show up at the dock. :mrgreen:

WindowEDU

#9 Post by WindowEDU »

JScott, who's hopper wds are you referring to?

buddy110

#10 Post by buddy110 »

I had similar issues with softlite. Edge seal are pigs and let some real crap go out of their plant.

I have to say though, The Cs at SL was very good