CAPITAL 9550 BY MI WINDOWS

A place to talk about the Window Industry
2BY4

CAPITAL 9550 BY MI WINDOWS

#1 Post by 2BY4 »

I have Capital windows in my house that was built 8 yrs ago.They are leaking badly,the company say it is the instillation.I think it is the window.Has any had this problem before ,or have any suggestion on how to handle it.

shamu

Re: CAPITAL 9550 BY MI WINDOWS

#2 Post by shamu »

Leaking, what? Water? Air? Where? When? Have they always leaked or is this a new issue?

2BY4

#3 Post by 2BY4 »

They leak water,only when the rain hits them straight on.The house has a stucco front,MI says it is the instillation,but the fines are rough and brown coated in and has a banding around it.I have done water test around the window and they don't leak ,as soon as I hit the top of the window they leak.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Does the top weather stripping look even across the top of the window and does it touch the jamb all the way across?

shamu

#5 Post by shamu »

If the water comes in at the top and leaks in across the headframe of the window it could be a flashing problem behind the stucco. Hard to say without knowing where you are seeing the water. You could try sealing off the window with plastic and the doing the water test to see if you get any water penetration. If you don't get any water it would seem to indicate the window itself is leaking. Otherwise, water penetration could be from an installation or flashing problem.

2BY4

#6 Post by 2BY4 »

I will give it a try.If i decide to replace, I was thinking of Simonton or Andersen,any opinions .I can go with new construction or replacement .