Tax Credit extention to 2011?

A place to talk about the Window Industry
quantumburnz

Tax Credit extention to 2011?

#1 Post by quantumburnz »

Hi everyone,
I'm currently deployed and I want to redo all the windows on my house. Unfortunately, I don't get back until the beginning of Jan 2011. Anyone think there's a chance of the tax credit being extended into 2011 and beyond or should I try to pull off having the windows replaced while I'm gone? I have someone I can work with back home who I trust to make good decisions and work with me to get quotes and everything. Thanks!

Skydawggy

Re: Tax Credit extention to 2011?

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

I wouldn't count on tax credits being extended. Have your friend log on here and we will help.

Thanks for your service.

SuperiorW&D

#3 Post by SuperiorW&D »

There is talk of a new "Home Star" program. It was passed by the House, and is still waiting on the Senate. You can never tell what our politicians will do. They let 2007's measly credits expire (leaving none in 2008) and then started again in 2009 with the Stimulus Bill.

Home Star, if passed, will only get you $1000.00 MAX back on your new windows instead of today's $1500.00 MAX.

http://nowconstructiongroup.com/green-h ... t-of-2010/

I recommend replacing your windows today with a sure thing, if you possibly can, as tomorrow is uncertain.

quantumburnz

#4 Post by quantumburnz »

Thank you for the inputs! I had better get on it... Will certainly post back with any questions. Have a great day!

JScott

#5 Post by JScott »

No, our state has passed our own bill with 72M in stimulus $ and it will be 25% of the total up to 2K(8K project) so remember things are different in other places. For now, the total in KY is 2K. 1500 from the Feds and 500 from the state. Our program starts in September but you can not double dip with the existing credits set forth. OR- you can take the 6.99% financing for up to 10 years...unsecured!

There is extra $ stimulus added depending on the overall change in energy consumption as well to sweeten the deal if you opt for the rebate and not use the financing.

:mrgreen: