Gorell Warranty

A place to talk about the Window Industry
stouffer

Gorell Warranty

#1 Post by stouffer »

Question for current or Past Gorell dealers.

Several years ago we switched window manufacturers from Gorell to Okna. I was in Gorell's factory last week to pick up some service sashes and my customer service rep told me that the warranty is no longer valid since Soft-Lite bought them out. We were at a HomeShow this weekend and I was asking another window dealer that sold Gorell and they told him that warranty IS still in tact. Can they legally honor SOME warranties and NOT others?

I'm very confused about this and would like some feedback from what others have been told, especially those who have not been dealing with them the last couple years. I have NOT recieved anything from Soft-Lite or Gorell in writing about this so I'm hoping that my customer service rep just gave me inaccurate information.

I always felt that Gorell was a reputable company, that's why I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt in hoping that I just got some wrong info from them.

I sincerely appreciate any help on this matter. We try to take Excellent care of ALL of our customers and I'd be lying if I said I was'nt concerned about this warranty issue.

HomeSealed

Re: Gorell Warranty

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd call your rep to find out where you stand. Gorell is now just a product line owned by Softlite, so it is they who make the policies.
Last edited by HomeSealed on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Gorell Warranty

#3 Post by VRWAdmin »

This is really the place for these types of discussions:

http://www.replacement-windows.com/wind ... um.php?f=9

Ed's