Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Identiifying windows?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:22 am 

How can I find out who's windows I have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:48 am 

Sometimes, it can be difficult to tell who made the windows. What material are they made of? Any etched markings in the glass corners? If you can lift the sashes out, are is there any information on the edges of a sash? Does the locking hardware contain any words? Can you post a detailed picture?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:21 am 

If there is no way to identify the window, then the factory that made it doesn't have to service the warranty, thus saving money. In my opinion it is no accident there is usually no name on many brands of windows.

Like the previous poster said, if you can figure out how to post a photo, (or email one to me and I'll post it), maybe we can help you identify it.

Post subject: identifyng my windows
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:54 am 

Thanks for replying. The windows are vinyl double panes. I'm getting moisture between panes on two of them. I did find some info on the vinyl part (MTOL-89 NC 1029 CBA)
Nothing on the glass itself.

InfoSponge wrote:
Sometimes, it can be difficult to tell who made the windows. What material are they made of? Any etched markings in the glass corners? If you can lift the sashes out, are is there any information on the edges of a sash? Does the locking hardware contain any words? Can you post a detailed picture?

Post subject: Identifying windows
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:57 am 

I agree with you Vinyl just something on the vinyl (MTOL-89 NC 1029 CBA) There are tabs that when you push them the window drops down for cleaning.

InfoSponge wrote: