Discoloration between double panes

If you are new to this type of board please try out some of your test posts & replies here!
cat1lady

Discoloration between double panes

#1 Post by cat1lady »

My Gorell windows were installed by distributor in 2001 out of Savannah, GA. I am unable to locate this company now. Three or four of them have condensation in the upper portions at times. Also there is discoloration & ?mold? in the lower halves of two of them. Can you offer any help or possible solutions? Thank you.

Windows on Washington

Re: Discoloration between double panes

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

cat1lady wrote:My Gorell windows were installed by distributor in 2001 out of Savannah, GA. I am unable to locate this company now. Three or four of them have condensation in the upper portions at times. Also there is discoloration & ?mold? in the lower halves of two of them. Can you offer any help or possible solutions? Thank you.
If the condensation is between the panes than you have what is called a seal failure in those affected glass packs. Make sure that the moisture is between the panes of glass and not on either the inside or outside of the glass.

As far as the mold/discoloration goes, you will probably need to be a little more specific as to what is going on there or submit a picture.

In both cases, it sounds like your next step is to get the serial numbers off of the affected windows and call Gorrell. They should ship you the replacement sashes as they should still be well within the warranty period.