polaris vs restorations

If you are new to this type of board please try out some of your test posts & replies here!
ryantolerico

polaris vs restorations

#1 Post by ryantolerico »

i would like any advice or comments regarding polaris technologies windows and/or restorations windows

HomeSealed

Re: polaris vs restorations

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Both good products, although I would say that the Restorations by Sunrise is better. I believe it's performance numbers are better in every regard, and it looks pretty as well.

ryantolerico

#3 Post by ryantolerico »

thank you for a response, if im getting the thermal weld, low e,argon polaris for half the price of the restorations, does that change anything? i agree the restorations are a little better by the energy efficiency numbers.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I would say yes, it does. If I had to grade both windows, the Restorations would be an A to A+, and the Polaris would be a solid B. What are the glass packages? ... Assuming installation is equal, half price would make the Polaris a better value in my book... The real question is, being such a huge price difference, is the Polaris guy "low-balling", or is the Restorations guy over-priced? Depending on options, if he is around $1000 per window, you should run away (unless it has every option in the book)... As for the Polaris, if he is under about $450, that would scare me as well.... I would definitely look more closely at each installation company though, as a poor install will totally negate all the benefit of a high quality product.