SoftLite Elements? Simonton Prism Platinum?

If you are new to this type of board please try out some of your test posts & replies here!
JudyCee

SoftLite Elements? Simonton Prism Platinum?

#1 Post by JudyCee »

I posted previously but it went into the Test Post section and never appeared in the main board --why? How can I post in the main board?
Trying to decide between Simonton Prism Platinum windows (very wide, double slider w/picture in center) and SoftLite Elements. Tending strongly towards the Elements. The prices people sometimes talk about, like $500 for an Elements window, must refer to standard size windows - nothing like the 3 I need to replace. Does anyone have a reference point for windows 95.5x 49.5, 108x53.5, 86x38? and awnings or sliders 59.5x17? They're a LOT more than $500 each!
Also, where does the Imperial LS fit into the SoftLite spectrum of high-end windows?

Skydawggy

Re: SoftLite Elements? Simonton Prism Platinum?

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

Of course windows that size are more than $500 each. If you were considering double hung windows around 36x54, with a simple install removing a wood window, that would be a fair price RANGE to pay. Now you know why so many of us don't like discussions on price. They can leave the consumer with an unrealistic expectation of what they should pay. My advice would be to get several estimates and then compare not just price but dealer/installers reputation. A low price on a top quality window is not a good value if the windows leak water and air due to a poor installation.