Solar Industries -- Viking -- ??? They came from Home Depot

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
EGropp

Solar Industries -- Viking -- ??? They came from Home Depot

#1 Post by EGropp »

I purchased windows from Home Depot about 5 years ago, they tell me that they could be Solar Industries or Viking windows.
I am trying to locate replaced screen retainers, (they are extruded vinyl parts).
Does anyone know where I can locate parts (or even tell wh made these things?) Home Depot has not been the best source for information.
Thanks in advance.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

It's nice to know that a large well known company like Home Depot will be there for years to come to service your every warranty need, and to do it with a smile. :(

If one of my customers were to call 5 years after install and I couldn't or wouldn't help them get parts, I'd be run out of town! How horrible.

FenEx

#3 Post by FenEx »

I think the worst part is that you have to replace parts on your replacements within 5 years. Unfortunately, about 30% of the replacement window industry is replacing poorly made replacement windows. Ironically, Viking is also making the low-end vinyl windows sold at Lowes too... but Pella provides the ThermaStar sticker on it.

south carolina

ThermaStar

#4 Post by south carolina »

Is ThermaStar made by Viking? I checked on fiberglass French doors by them today and they said they do not offer argon filled. Made me wonder.

earwax

#5 Post by earwax »

Based on the two windows referenced, it sounds like the home depot you went to is on the West coast, most likely northern california. Viking was purchased by Pella and operates out of Portland. They make the windows for Lowe's now that Jeld-Wen took the Home Depot account. I think the window made for Lowe's is now different, but parts are not hard to find. Take it to a local glass shop. Where do you live, and I might be able to guide you to the parts.