Is this a fair price?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
peter Szelewski

Is this a fair price?

#1 Post by peter Szelewski »

I'm looking to get 25 windows replaced in a old (100+yrs) house.
the schuco salesman (NES) is Pricing at $18000....about $720 per window I averaged the sizes of the windows (not sure if that helps any) and it comes out to 83 united inches per window......Is this price in the ball park? I've read on this board where some folks are getting Schucos for $600 an opening....Also, does anyone have information on the Pace window....I stopped by their show room and it appears to be a nice window....any help will be appreciated....

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

That's a good price for New England Sash. I've never heard of any Schuco's for less from them. I'd definitely consider the bid.

Harman

#3 Post by Harman »

Be careful with New England Sash there have been some horror stories about the work they do.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I don't know anything about that since I'm a thousand miles away, though I'm sure that any company with 9 branch offices has both fabulous as well as bad installers rotate through their installation department.

Like I have recommended dozens of times before.......go look at some of their jobs, and if you like the workmanship you see, then ask that the installer's names that did the jobs you just saw do your job. Most salesmen won't bring you to their so-so installer's jobs, they will bring you to their excellent installer's jobs.
This is a tip I would suggest to anyone worried about their installation being done right.

HipKat

#5 Post by HipKat »

email me if you're in WNY or the Southern Tier.
I'd like to give you a third look at something for one and answer some of your questions, having sold Schuco's, and work with ex-Pace and NES employees.
If not, I'd go Schuco, if you're deciding between those two.

hipkat_online@yahoo.com