OMNI windows seal failure

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
agpoolguy

OMNI windows seal failure

#1 Post by agpoolguy »

I would like to know if anyone purchased OMNI windows back in the early 90's? These windows are triple pane, double hung and were very expensive during that time. I am having a lot of trouble with seal failure on seven of the nine windows that were installed. I have contacted AMI ( warranty department for Alside, which is handling the replacement estimate)
but they are being very slow about a response. If there are other customers like myself who are having similar problems with OMNI windows, then maybe it is time to file a lawsuit of some kind or another for poor workmanship.

Windows on Washington

Re: OMNI windows seal failure

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

What has the timeline been like so far?

Things slow way down at these places during this season. I would think a few well placed phone calls would be the more advisable course prior to litigation.

agpoolguy

#3 Post by agpoolguy »

I originally applied for help in September to Alside Warranty Services. The person I talked to quit, leaving me with no response. The second time I contacted them in October the person I talked to couldn't find the pertinent information she needed to get the claim completed. No response to me about that either. Finally, on November 20th I got in contact with the coordinator of the warranty services department and she told me that the people I talked to were new and didn't have the knowledge needed to complete my claim. She said she would have the information for me in a few days. Haven't heard from them yet. Is it time for the BBB?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would say that another call to the higher up would probably do the trick. Alside is well regarded for honoring their warranty claims and typically ships replacement parts without any real verification of the problem.

Get the serial numbers off the of the affected windows and just order warranty replacement sashes.

Given the age of the windows, you may have to order just the IGUs and reglaze the window yourself. Not a difficult process.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

You're right WoW. On that old of a window that's not made anymore he's not going to get new sashes. He's going to get the glass package and he will definitely be responsible for changing out the glass himself.

apoolguy,
Keep trying and be persistent. These people answering the phone on warranty issues have a lot on their plate ...especially given the windows they make. :mrgreen: :roll: