Alside Ultramax or Excalibur?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
trev71

Alside Ultramax or Excalibur?

#1 Post by trev71 »

I've been reading up on the subject and I"m pretty sure I'll choose the Alside windows form Windowworld. I realize that they're not nearly top of the line, but this is a rental that I'll own for several years and currently has several broken windows. Obviously cost is the reason on which my decision is based.

I've read a few user opinions with respect to the Alside product and was wondering if anyone would share the pros/cons to the Alside Ultramax or Excalibur. Any opinions would be helpful.

Thank you very much.

Adam

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

If cost is your only concern, then there's probably nothing else to think about. But even a rental is something you own, and investing in it, like anything else hopefully, increases it's value. You say you're only goping to hold onto it for a ferw years, then let it go. My experience is that most people who own rentals do so for one reason; to make money. not to spend it, so new windows may not even be an incentive to the next owner.
Personally, I don't like alside windows, at least not the ultramaxx. Cheap vinyl, 7/8" glass pack, aluminum intercept spacer, only one side of one pane of glass treated with the lowE. that window shouldn't cost you too much to put in, and in 5 years, when the next guy owns the place, he can deal with replacing the windows again.