Simonton vs Ideal Window

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TAP

Simonton vs Ideal Window

#1 Post by TAP »

Greetings All,

Window shopping has been a bit frustrating and confusing. I've narrowed it down to two windows, which are the Simonton 5050 and Ideal Window Custom Weld II. How do I know which one to choose??? Both seem to be good windows, have a good warranty and are estimated within 1k for 16 windows. I've read a bunch about Simonton and very little about Ideal (their web-site). Is this my answer?? The Simonton contractor has been very helpfull, but I need a second opinion. Any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

T.A.P. from central P.A.

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

There is nothing of any quality be produced at Ideal; I often tell customers that Simonton’s drop window is better then a lot of company’s best window. This would be an example of that scenario.

Bill
Uneeda Window

TAP

#3 Post by TAP »

Thank you Bill. Do you have first hand experience with Ideal? What would make Simonton a better window than Ideal.

Thanks for your patience,

T.A.P.

Trav2340

#4 Post by Trav2340 »

I replied on another post. I am a homeowner in NJ...I had Ideal windows put in about 6 years ago & I have never had problems. It wasnt one typical window either, my whole house was done including the basement. A local contractor who is also a friend recom. Ideal. So far so good, no complaining here, the pricing is also very resonable. I am not a contractor, I do not sell windows. I am just a homeowner who is very happy with a product!

TAP

Thanks Trav2340

#5 Post by TAP »

Thanks for the feedback Trav. I'm still undecided which window to go with. The Ideal window packages is almost 2k less expensive than the Simonton quote. Thanks again, I needed a first hand experience with Ideal windows.

TAP