Please help a newbie...Preservation windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jb30

Please help a newbie...Preservation windows

#1 Post by jb30 »

Hello there. I am planning on replacing all of the windows in my home. Does anyone have any comments--positive or negative--about Preservation windows?

Thanks so much for any advice.

WindDoze

#2 Post by WindDoze »

Preservation windows are made by Sunrise. They are their high end product -- their big claim to fame is that they have fiberglass reinforced frames. They also have a wide variety of glass and color options...triple pane etc. Sunrise is a great window, with I believe the smallest frame size in the industry. You'll lose the least amount of glass with this window over any other. It would definately be classified as a high end window along the same lines as Schuco or Simonton's 9800.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I agree with your post as far as the window being a Sunrise dealer as well as Schuco. But,..... close name, wrong window.

Restoration is the exclusive dealer window by Sunrise.
Preservation is the exclusive dealer window by Alside.

My opinion of Preservation has changed a little bit since getting a chance to look at it a little better recently. It's still a lot better than Alsides other products, but if you are going to spend the extra for a premium product, it's worth looking at a couple others like the Simonton 9800, Schuco 4000, Sunrise, etc. before making up your mind.

WindDoze

#4 Post by WindDoze »

My bad...I stand corrected. Thanks.

thermotwinwindows

#5 Post by thermotwinwindows »

I agree with the above user. Definitely look at all options and do your research. I'll add to it with a joke, you can't just give back windows if you're not happy with them without some big court battle. The pressure of salesmen can put you in a position you don't want to be, making a decision without exploring all options. Be careful and do lots of research. Compare a few different window lines that you like the look of side by side. Do this by yourself don't take any salesmen's word for it. Check their NFRC ratings, their glass unit's construction and options available the whole nine. You are going to get what you pay for in this business. I do have one piece of valuable information and any window professional will agree with it. The spacer between the glass with the least amount of metal is the better spacer. If it was me, I would get Low-E glass too.

Good luck.