Shuco

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HipKat

Shuco

#1 Post by HipKat »

Ok, let's rehash the Shuco discussion from the archived board.

Alot of people think the claims I made are ridiculous.
I know that the guarenttee says Shuco Insul-Sash windows on it, it says 50% reduction in heating costs, and it says lifetime.
And not one of these silly warranties you get from Anderson & Pella that say condensation is normal, pollution voids the warrantee, etc....

Why would the company offer this guarentee if it's so ridiculous? And 50% is a pretty fair numvber considering HUD says that up to 50% of ALL heat loss it through faulty windows and doors.
If triple pane w/Krypton, TPS seal, LowE Titanium coated optical glass invariably stops almost all heat loss through the windows, is the claim of a 50% reduction in heating costs making more sense??
I know putting a heat lamp on the window, with a radiometer on the other side (which is activated by heat, btw), and the radiometer barely moves, if at all, I'm pretty convinced that they work as they say they will.

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

Also, FenEx, you say on the old board that FJB is NOT selling Shuco windows. Yes, we are. The Insul-sash is the residential end of the Shuco line. The plant in CT WAS Homecraft, which Shuco bought when they came to the US.

FenEx

#3 Post by FenEx »

The claim that was contested previously on the old board stated:

"Shuco garrentees, in writing that your energy bills WILL decrease by at LEAST 50% when you install the insul-sash system."

Note that it said "Energy Bills", not heating costs. About 40-50% of your energy bills, typically gas and electric, is used for heating in colder climates. The remainder is used by appliances, lighting, cooking, etc. So if indeed it was 50%, and 50% of that was attributed to the windows by an energy audit, and you had a window with a U-factor of 0.00, the "Energy Bills" could be reduced by 25%.

I am well aware of Schuco's purchase of the Homecraft plant which manufactured the Insul-Sash window. They now manufacture the redesigned Insul-Sash window for FJB. The Schuco Corona 4000 and the Insul-Sash windows are different but are both used residentially. The glazing beads are different and the I.S. has integrated vinyl lift rails as opposed to the Schuco's steel lifts.

As I have previously stated, the energy savings pledge is not offered nor backed by Schuco corporate. It is provided by the dealer and has many terms, conditions and limitations. Please post the pledge and the stipulations for the forum. No one said that you didn't have a great product, it was simply a clarification of the guaranty claimed.

FenEx

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

OK, fair enough. I have to scan the forms and then I'll post a link for them

ShucoFan

#5 Post by ShucoFan »

Oh goodness, FJB is here....are you guys still trying to get $1000 a pop for a Schuco??

HipKat

#6 Post by HipKat »

Which Style??
Double hung?
Bay? Garden?
Casement?
Double pane or triple?
Argon or Krypton?
White, tan, wood grain??

ShucoFan

#7 Post by ShucoFan »

Double Hung, Triple Pane, Krypton, White, Half Screens.

I was quoted $1000 for that installed. Can you imagine what I told the sales rep???

HipKat

#8 Post by HipKat »

Size??
Even so..Shop around and see what you get for 1000.00.
One time job with the Shuco, or doing it every 8 yrs with something else...

Depending on where you are, that 1000.00 also included installation, etc, maybe...

Rosa

#9 Post by Rosa »

A thousand dollars "might" include installation on a Shuco? Holy cow.
Your advice on Shuco and pricing is completely different from advice given here by other Shuco pros.
Are you a competitor trying to give the Shuco company a bad name or are you for real? If you are for real, I hope nobody here runs into you in real life.

HipKat

#10 Post by HipKat »

Might as in, if you're buying it from us, you get our installers.
It's in the price.
If you're buying in an area where we aren't into yet, and you have to install it yourself, or hire a sub, that's a different story.
Either way, I didn't have all the information

FenEx

#11 Post by FenEx »

OK... need to clarify again. Schuco products are only available with installation by a Schuco dealer. Dealers have the priveledge to set their own sell price and it will vary depending on location. I always suggest that consumers check nearby surrounding areas and dealers to get an idea of regional pricing.

FenEx

HipKat

#12 Post by HipKat »

Thanks!

You know, I really didn't come here to make trouble or anything, just to learn, talk, and share what I know with people.
The word Shuco just seems to rattle some people, and I'm having a hard time wondering why.

FenEx

#13 Post by FenEx »

First of all.... if you are going to sell em'... learn how to spell em'... it's Schuco. "Schuco" doesn't rattle anyone, as a matter of fact, it's becoming the most respected window on the market.... it's only the actions of a few specific dealers that connect the reason of caution to the brand. I highly promote the product, as it is the finest vinyl window I know of. Please understand that the previous negative posts are reasonable responses to numerous notes regarding the few dealers that hinder the efforts of many other dealers that use ethical sales models and justifiable pricing.

Now, you have no reason to wonder. Perhaps the organization you work for is one of the few that unfortunately provides the rattle? There are many that are successfully promoting the best products, the best customer service, ethical sales techniques and considering product image. Happy Selling.

FenEx
Last edited by FenEx on Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windowrep

#14 Post by windowrep »

Finally went into a house today and the homeowner had a quote from schuco. i have so much about them on this board i was looking forward to seeing more literature on them. i had never heard of them before a few months ago and as far as i know they are new to the area. ne ohio south euclid to be exact. the homeowner showd me the pamplet and i was amazed. there was really nothing that special about them. and they did give her a 50% energy costs savings. albiet it was hand written??
she had 9 double hung windows and a slider and the price was 17850.00 if she signed on the spot and 21450.00 if she waited. I have been installing and selling windows in ne ohio for 15 years and i just don't see how they will survive here at those prices. this isn't the richest part of the world by any means. all schuco fans do not get me wrong it looked like a good window but i just dont see the cost recovery. the homeowner also expressed to me that the window just seemed too bulky [her words] do the schuco dealers hear that alot? also how long have they been in the u.s.? she said they were out of conn. Cant imagine shipping 1200 miles is very economical and i am sure that has something to do with the price. He left before i got there or i would have loved to see the actual cut aways of the window and see whats inside that justifies the cost. she did like the window but not at that cost. i didnt get the sale either so hope he didnt feel bad.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#15 Post by Window4U (IL) »

That is the most ridiculous quote I have heard of on this site yet. That's over $1700 a window for goodness sake.
Let me make something real clear.....Schuco dealers are independant from each other. There is no financial or corporate connection between dealers.

I would guess that most Schuco dealers would be between $6500 and $8000 on that order.

As far as the dimensions, I carry over 15 brands including Alside, Certainteed, Simonton, Gorell, and many others. I've measured them and Schuco for width of extrusions. All of them have either the same or more frame from edge of jamb to where the glass starts. The only place Schuco has more material than some of them is at the middle sash rail, where it is 1 3/4" instead of 1 1/2", which is actually the same as Alside and others. So there you go....Schuco has a 1/4" wider sash rail in one spot. Myth busted.