New Simonton 5500’s

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
copykatpro

Re: New Simonton 5500’s

#16 Post by copykatpro »

Kingfish38,
I'm from the area too and have spoken to one contractor about Simontons and I'm seeing another company on Friday. It would seem a lot of contractors around here install Simontons. If you're interested in some of the other companies mentioned on this board just go to their websites and find a contractor through them. I've also looked at Sunrise, Gorell and will see Soft-Lite on Wednesday. One thing I've noticed about some local contractors is that they don't know too much detail about the windows they sell. Asking for U-factor, R rating, and shgc is like pulling teeth. The guy who showed me the Simonton still hasn't given me anything in writing about the window he quoted me on. He can't even tell me what reflections model. I would make sure the first thing you do is tell the contractor exactly what you want. It will hopefully make life a little easier.

Good luck.

Will91

#17 Post by Will91 »

Copykatpro:

On the quotes I have obtained from local distributors for the 5500 Reflections and the 9800 Impressions, the detailed description of each window and features also contained the U factor and SHGC value. If you check some of Bill's information on this board where he has provided various Simonton window configurations, it too will display U factor and SHGC values. My quotes have displayed identical levels of information in the same format.

copykatpro

#18 Post by copykatpro »

I'm not getting detailed quotes like you are. Nor am I getting terribly informative in-home demonstrations. If it wasn't for this board, I'd just be another clueless customer. The salesmen act surprised when they realize I've done my homework. It's as if it throws their whole sales pitch out the door. It's a bit humorous but it doesn't always make me feel good about who I might be hiring.

Bill

#19 Post by Bill »

Copykat:

If you give me the Simonton model line and type of window ( double hung, casement or slider) you are interested in I will run the thermal numbers for you.

Bill

copykatpro

#20 Post by copykatpro »

I appreciate it Bill but I'm leaning towards Sunrise at the moment. If anything changes I'll definitely take you up on the offer.

rudyk

#21 Post by rudyk »

stevet wrote:There is no good way I found to find all Simonton dealers in the Chicagoland area. I can give you the name of mine if you would like. His prices were aggressive and the installers are pretty good.
What dealer did you use, stevet?