Pella Encompass same as Home Depot?

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
segfault

Pella Encompass same as Home Depot?

#1 Post by segfault »

I got a quote for Pella Encompass vinyl replacement windows. I am curious whether these are the same thing they sell at Home Depot?

Also got a quote for Renewal by Andersen. About 1.75 times the Pella vinyl quote, but the Renewal windows look a lot better cosmetically. I'd say the Renewal windows even look better than Pella's fiberglass windows. (Pella's fiberglass windows have an orange peel texture to them.)

IMO, there is something about the exposed welded corner seams that I think looks cheap. The Renewal window and the Pella fiberglass window don't have this characteristic.

Edit: Posted to wrong forum. Can one of the administrators move it? Thanks...

TheWindowNerd

Re: Pella Encompass same as Home Depot?

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

If you liked renewal then look at Andersen Woodwright insert windows.
Currently the Impervia does not qualify for the tax credit, but should at the end of this month.
You might have met with a WME salesperson, call the store ask for a trade rep and then a referal to a CPC, they will be able to give you better savings.

segfault

#3 Post by segfault »

Anthony,

Thanks for the info. WME, CPC - what are those?

Best regards,
Segfault

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

WME = windows made easy which is a 4 year old retail/install segmenting that the Pella franchises must offer.
CPC = certified pella contractor, an independant contractor who should have many years of experience.