No more Schuco residential??

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HipKat

No more Schuco residential??

#1 Post by HipKat »

We were told in the AM meeting today that Schuco is getting out of the residential window business. Is this true?????????????
That would be huge.
Also heard Royal has been having some probs, especially since the fire last month at (can't remember which) that plant that pruduces PVC resin.
Didn't get many details, though.

Also, oddly enough, local Window World office being investigated for bait and switch tactics (offered a 189.00 window that doesn't even exist, apparently) according to the customer I had today, that is bringing about the suit...

Anyhow, anyone hear this Schuco thing???

JScott

#2 Post by JScott »

Hear say can be harmful. We did hear something last week, but it was not specifically that, however, what we did hear would be a build up to what you are hearing. More details later. I hate spreading "gossip". Sources were third hand.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Schuco has been experiencing double digit growth per month in the US for the last 6 quarters.
They have also just added a half dozen new window and patio door types to the Schuco residential product lineup just this month.
That hardly looks like a company dropping their residential business.

Rumors ARE dangerous. Why would you start spreading this one on a window advice forum without finding out the truth first Hipkat??

FenEx

#4 Post by FenEx »

I can confirm W4U's statements. Schuco's residential business also just expanded all the way down the East Coast to Florida. The rumors you may have heard might be pertaining to Schuco's solar products and commercial divisions which are taking off but they are in addition to the residential growth, not replacing it. I wish they sold stock.

HipKat

#5 Post by HipKat »

The reason I asked is so that I COULD find out the truth. Particularly since I had thought that they were expanding/growing. Why the heck would I be spreading rumors? Isn't this the place to ask just these types of questions???

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Just like in the tabloid press, all anyone remembers is the headline Hipkat. Posting a rumor like that as a post topic is offensive to people like me who are Schuco dealers because even an unsubstanchiated rumor that is false like this one can do harm. How many people are not even going to consider Schuco after reading the headline you posted without even reading the content of this thread? Like I said, rumors are dangerous. If you wanted to ask, you could have done it in

Let's get to the real truth. This rumor was started by an ex-Schuco salesman to "get even" with his ex-company. He left Schuco 6 weeks ago and started this rumor in Baltimore at the Remodelers Show. The rumor is totally false, and you can take that to the bank. I have spoken with the head of Schuco-USA about this and have gotten the scoop about this guy and where it started.
Schuco is in the midst of expansion. New product lines have just been released this month, new territories being opened up as we speak, and a new plant expansion has been approved for 2006.

WindDoze

#7 Post by WindDoze »

I can back up W4U. This ex Schuco rep is spreading that rumor, I've heard it from his mouth first hand. He's working at another company (that shall remain nameless). At this point anything he has to say has to be taken with a grain of salt. Schuco is expanding, they've just introduced a whole new window line and are expanding their production capabilities in CT.

The moves they have done just in marketing-- new brochures, websites (due in 2006), mobile trailer showrooms, etc are not the moves of a company looking to retreat. (All of which are more than what any of the other vinyl companies are doing!)

HipKat -- your posts are usually pretty good but you blew it on this one BIG TIME!

HipKat

#8 Post by HipKat »

Well, if I heard the rumor, then anyone else can too, and where better a place to put it to rest than on the most informative replacement widow site on the web. I never believed it, since I have a little bit of first hand knowledge of Schuco and their operations, but I wanted to know the truth, and you guys would be my first choice in who to ask.

As the title of the thread is posed as a quaestion, anyone who reads that without reading the body of the post, may not be smart enough to deserve Schuco windows in the first place.

JScott

#9 Post by JScott »

The information we heard also came from the Baltimore show. No offense meant.